Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit and create a new pool of Wiki editors and translators
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We plan to have a series of Wikithon trainings
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will hire equipment to enable them effectively participate
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We shall have an alumni group / mailing list to keep engaging
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We hope this pilot program with us with draw interest from more actors (contributors and grantors), in the quest to help create a multilingual Internet
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- 4 events in June
- 40 participants trained
- 30 new editors
- 200 articles created or improved
- 20 repeat participants
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have training personnel
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- # Venue hire - 1000$
- # Equipment hire (10 laptops) - 600$
- # Catering services - 1500$
- # Event signage / branding - 150$
- # Participants certificates - 200$
- # Stationery supplies - 100$
- # T-shirts - 450$
- # Travel - 1000$
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!