Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Organize a community project
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Organize and work in current GLAM projects
- Plan future GLAM projects
- Scout for new possible GLAM partnerships
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- Present a workshop on Commons/copyright at the National Library of Portugal, as part of the seminary Wikimedia Portugal is planning for 4 June; work locally the ongoing GLAM between Wikimedia Portugal and the National Library; present a workshop on GLAM/Wikipedia/Commons at Vila Franca de Xira / Alverca for the staff of museums, libraries and cultural institutions of the region, mainly directed at the municipal museums and institutions; meet up with some of the people from the Women studies group I worked with last February and March to discuss and plan for future activities; meet up with fellow wikipedians from Wikimedia Portugal at Lisbon;
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- Improve community & GLAM partners engagement and knowledge about the Wikimedia projects, in particular those Wikimedia Portugal is involved with. More information
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Announcements onwiki, at the WMPT mailing lists, by direct mail to GLAM partners and other institutions we want to invite, and dissemination through our GLAM partners own channels.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- We keep in close contact, as we've been doing until now, especially in the cases where there's an ongoing GLAM, such as the National Library.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- I'll be organizing the events and meetings at the National Library with other members of Wikimedia Portugal, in particular André Barbosa, Ana Cravo, and Waldir Pimenta. Some of them might join me in some of the other events as well, depending on their availability.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants
Not sure about how many people I'll be reaching on these events and meetings, but my expectations are certainly over 50, until 100.
- Number of people who will help organize the event
At least 3-5, from Wikimedia Portugal, and a few more at the GLAM partners, the National Library and the Alverca/Vila Franca municipal museums
- 150€ travel expenses (flight Funchal - Lisbon - Funchal)
- 150€ lodging (3 nights in a single room)
- 50€ meals /transportation
- GoEThe (talk) 22:38, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- Alchimista (talk) 23:17, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- Joalpe (talk) 23:32, 11 May 2018 (UTC). This grant request --though framed as an individual grant-- falls within the scope of an ongoing process of increasing activities from the WMPT, including important partnerships. As reported in a previous RG, these activities have been successful. The movement can only hope for the best and should strongly support the impetus that this affiliate is showing.
- Waldir (talk) 00:02, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- because knowledge is important and a true root to freedom Maria Gama Brito (talk) 15:20, 15 May 2018 (UTC)