Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- A training for chairpersons or presidents of Wikimedia Affiliates that will help them to perform better. The overall theme of the meeting is: "How to lead a Wikimedia chapter from a chairpersons perspective" and is designed to improve personal performance. The sessions will include notions such as key responsibilities of Boards, leadership, oversight and accountability, network governance. We have contracted an experienced trainer who will moderate the sessions.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Members of the organizing committee are: Itzik Edri (WMIL), Frans Grijzenhout (WMNL) and Vojtech Dostál (WMCZ). Meetings by skype / Google hangout. Time was / will be spend on: finding a moderator (done), logistics (in progress), prepare the program (in progress), outreach to the chairs of Wikimedia chapters and larger user groups (in progress), overlooking the meeting itself.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Support: The idea was launched and approved during the Chairpersons meeting during Wikimania Cape Town. A small survey showed us that more than 20 chairs are interested. Most of them ranked the need for this meeting as "strongly agree" (5, 45%, 4 29%, and 3 20%). We will approach them by mail. All info will be shared on meta: Affiliate_Chairpersons_meeting_November_24_-_25,_2018
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- At the end of the project we have accomplished a two-day training session for chairpersons of affiliates. We will evaluate the meeting immediately afterwards. We will distribute the results to all the chairs and discuss further trainings during the next chairpersons meeting (probably in Berlin during the next Wikimedia Conference). Training materials will be uploaded to Board_Member_Support.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of participants = 12. Goals: Improve the quality of leadership of chairpersons, establish good governance and prevent crisis situations.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Participants have to pay their own travel costs and hotel. 150 euro's will be charged per participant to cover expenses on catering and a partial contribution to the costs of the trainer. Office of WMCZ is free of charge.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Partial contribution to the costs of the moderator / trainer $ 2200 + travel + hotel
|No||Item||Quantity||Rate (Euro)||Total (Euro)||Notes|
|1||Facilitator - Fees||1||€1,900||€1,900|
|2||Facilitator - Travel||1||€150||€150|
|3||Facilitator - Hotel||3 nights||€85||€225|
|4||Coffee and buffet||26||€10||€260|
|6||Dinner event + social event (on the 1st day)||13||€30||€390|