Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit and increase skills of new editors for the Spanish Wikipedia
- Add or improve content in articles about the Andes in the city of Huaraz, Peru
- Promote the participation of academics into creating and improving articles in Wikimedia projects
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will organize one Wikipedia Edition training, one Photo Walk & two Editathons.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will use communication strategies like social media and affiches in key locations in the city and university.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we organized the first Editathon and two training events in the city last November with the help of Arte+Feminismo Peru. They will also come to assist us in the second edition
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, as proven in the last events on November, the environmental engineering students from the university are well prepared to learn and contribute with high quality content in relation to the topics addressed in the Wiki Loves Andes Editathon.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will conduct a simple assessment, provide report of activities and promote audiovisual material to promote the creation and improvement of Wikipedia articles related to Andean ecosystems.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- In the first edition, we focused three types of articles: plants, mountains and lakes. For the second edition, we will be including also environmental liabilities, hot springs and archaeological sites. In the following table, we show some of the articles missing in the Spanish Wikipedia we will be tacking:
|Plant||Carqueja (Baccharis genistelloides, Qoyall (Clinopodium sericeum), Wallpa chakin (Loricaria ferruginea), Aurinsho (Muehlenbeckia andina), Congona (Peperomia congona)|
|Mountain||Nevado Uruashraju, Nevado Cashan, Nevado Rurec, Nevado Maparaju, Nevado Shacsha|
|Lake||Laguna Ahuac, Laguna Mullaca, Laguna Aquilpo|
|Relave de Ticapampa|
|Hot springs||Baños Termales de Chancos|
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 4
- Number of participants: 20-40
- Number of new editors: 20
- Number of of articles created or improved: 30
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 15
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Vasos Comunicantes is the organizer of the project. It´s project manager, Carlo Brescia, will be in charge of the implementation of activities with local allies.
What do we have?
- The locations for the workshops and editathon (UNASAM premises), have open acces to broadband wireless internet.
- Technical support to improve and create articles (books, e-journals, specialists)
- 30 PC computers and multimedia projector in university computer lab
- Social media channels to promote the events and the participation of students (UNASAM)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Printing of affiches = USD 50
- Prizes for best editors (set of books about Andean ecosystems) = USD 150
- Tshirts memorabilia = USD 20
- Food and drinks for coordination meetings = USD 60
- Food and drink for 1 workshop training and 2 editathons, 30 people per event= USD 100
- Food and drink for 1 photo walk, 15 people approx. = USD 100
- Fee for opening lab in weekends = USD 40
- Bus rental for Photo Walk in Natural Area = USD 100
- Bus transport from Lima to Huaraz (and return) of Arte+Feminismo partners (2 persons) = $ 150
- Accommodation and board for Arte+Feminismo partners (2 persons x 4 days) = USD 200
- Honoraries for trainers from Arte+Feminsmo = USD 200
- Honoraries for Video recording of the events, including edition, camera, tripod and audio equipment rental = USD 250
- Local transport and printing (coordination activities) = USD 50
- International bank transfer = USD 50
TOTAL = 1520 USD
Our plan is to allocate 461 USD underspent from the Wiki Loves Andes 2018 project remaining funds.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!