Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: will encourage mostly local Bikolano writers since they have an advance skill on the language usage.
- Increase skills for existing editors.
- Fix word orthography and add new word meaning based on reliable Bikol language references.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- There will be a series of six online edit-a-thons which will be conducted every weekends. The first part of the edit-a-thon will composed of project orientation and a short lecture with regards the basics of editing the Bikol Wiktionary.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The activity will be posted via social media since physical invitation is not yet advisable. Previous attendees of the Bikol Wiktionary Trainer's Training and Edit-a-thons will also be requested to invite online participants.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- I will be inviting the project proponent of the previous Bikol Wiktionary Trainer's Training and Edit-a-thons, Dang Brazal to discuss a brief background of the Bikol Wiktionary. I will also invite a local writer/translator who has expertise on Bikol Orthography to check the word entries.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Since this is purely an online edit-a-thon, participants will be provided with rental pc and data connection if need be. I will target those who have already an expertise in the use of the Bikol language to lessen inconsistencies and to maximize this edit-a-thon in producing quality word entries.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will create a social media group wherein we could interact and discuss the project throughout its duration. Since, mostly of my target participants are local writers, there's a good chance that the Bikol Wiktionary will be much improved and eventually upgrade its incubator status.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project aims to provide a concise Bikol Wiktionary which will be utilized by the local users. Although, it has only reached its almost 1,200 word entries, this activity will eventually produce an increased contribution.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events:6
- Number of participants:10
- Number of new editors:5
- Number of of articles created or improved:2000 or more
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events):10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The project proponent during the Bikol Wiktionary Trainer's Training and Edit-a-thons will be at hand to provide technical expertise and a local writer with a know-how on Bikol Orthography will always be on check for word entries.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1. Food and Drinks = Php 550.00 x 10 participants = Php 5,500.00 x 6 events = P33,000.00
- 2. PC Rentals = Php 500.00 x 10 participant = Php 5,000.00 x 6 days = Php 30,000.00
- 3. Internet Service = Php 2,500.00 x 1 participant x 6 days = Php 15,000.00
- 4. Communication Expenses = Php 5,000.00
- 5. Purchase of Bikol Dictionary and Bikol Orthography Guide = Php 5,000.00
- 5. Contingency Expenses = Php 2,500.00
Total Expenses: Php 90,500.00 / USD 1828.31
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!