Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content 200
- Recruit new editors 10
- Engage existing editors 20
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Projecting African Culture.The contest is important to the community of Hausa, The content of the contest will focus on bridging the African content gap by adding new articles on African culture. Contributing to this contest allows for the Hausa Wikimedia to achieve its goal of bridging the content gap in Hausa Language.as Hausa is lack of editors.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
3. How will you let participants know about the contest? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
- the participants of the content would be reached out to through wikimedia talk page, Emails, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter and phone calls.
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
4. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Note: Grantees, judges, and other contest leaders are ineligible to receive prizes. Grantees who are serving as judges may not receive gifts through grant funding. their are experience editors that will judge the contest and award prizes. 5. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects
For writing contests:
- Number of participants 30
- Number of articles created or improved 200
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Awards (200USD, 130USD and 70USD gift vouchers for 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners respectively) - 400USD
- Food, Snacks, and drinks: 8USD * 30 * 2 events=480USD
- Venue - 57 * 2= 114 USD (for 2 in-person events)
- Internet support during in-person sessions - 35 * 2 = 70USD
- Transport reimbursement for participants: 8 USD X 30 Participants * 2= 480 USD
- Coordination and Communication for facilitators & Bank rates)=150 USD
- Souvenirs for judges selected to judge the articles – 150 USD
Total = 1,844 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!