Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Promote Wikipedia among Journalists
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 2 edit-a-thons:
- One with university students and one another with professional journalists
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Whatsapp plus other social media and some digital prints
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, I'm a reasonably experienced Wikipedian with 2 yrs of editing Wikipedia
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, everyone is expected to bring their laptop, in case they don't the local has some computers.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- we'll create a WhatsApp group for each event and use the survey to get feedback from attendees. we'll also have the Facebook page for the user group.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is the first Art + Feminism campaign and we want it to be successful so that we will continue organizing it every year.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 40+
- Number of new editors: 20+
- Number of articles created or improved: 50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 5
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Training materials offered by Art + Feminism, experienced editors who will donate their time and the Internet.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink: 200$ x 2 days = 400$
- Prints and communications (calls, ...): 170$
- T-shirt : 13.5$ * 15 = 202.5$
- Transport : 200$
- Miscellaneous (wire, ...): 70$
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!