Grants:Project/Rapid/Alina Vozna/Participation in the Wiki-Conference 2018 in Saint Petersburg
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Train existing editors on a specific skill
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- I hope I will have an opportunity to visit the Wiki-Conference 2018 in Saint Petersburg. I am glad that I was able to share my experience at the annual conference in Moscow and to train new editors last year. This year I want to tell other participants at the wiki-conference about my first visit to Wikimania. I think the participating in such events can attract more attention to editing Wikipedia and uploading photos on Commons, because the participation in Wikimania was very well covered by the media of my city.
Also I want to take some photos of the participants of the conference, among them there may be scientists or other famous personalities about whom Wikipedia articles have already exist.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- I suggested the topic of my report on this page.
And I registered as a participant.
I am targeting a specific audience because there are many authors in the Russian language section of Wikipedia, they are actively developing this section, but the question of attracting new editors, especially women volunteers, is still actual. Cooperation with media is necessary, because this is the easiest way to distribute information widely, so more and more people will know about Wikipedia.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- I want to share experience with other participants. After that, I want to create a booklet in the electronic form under a free license, where I'll tell about popularisation of Wikipedia through the media and attracting more people to edit Wikipedia through taking part in the international events.
Also, during the conference I want to take many photoes of the participants. I'm going to upload about 100 photos or more on Commons.
I'm available in social networks, and communicating with other wikimedians on Facebook. Anyone can contact me by email too.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants - 30
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable) - 100 or more photos
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable) - 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have a camera. Also, I have a lot of experience in participating in various TV programs in my city and in communication with the media. I do not have any additional funding.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Travel cost - 300$
- Accommodation and food - 220$
- Ticket Khmelnitsky - Moscow = 2091, 02 UAH
- Ticket Moscow – Saint-Petersburg = 6847,8 RUB
- Ticket Saint-Petersburg - Moscow = 2225,6 RUB
- Ticket Moscow - Khmelnitsky = 4683,2 RUB
- Hotel payment: 17010,00 RUB
Total amount: 75,29 $+102.78$+33.4$+70.29$+255.32$=537,08$
- Alina is very active in Wikimedia projects and her experience will be useful for others. Visem (talk) 17:05, 2 September 2018 (UTC)
- Comment - @Alina Vozna: The dates for this grant don't seem to match the dates of the conference. Double-check please?  - Санкт-Петербург, 22—23 сентября 2018. -- Fuzheado (talk) 15:05, 7 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Fuzheado:The conference will be held on September 22-23. I'm going to travel, It will take almost two days with transfers to get to St. Petersburg. Also, I need some time after returning to arrange a material I'm going to create.-- Alina Vozna