Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors for Yoruba Wikipedia
- Increase contents on Yoruba Wikipedia
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Improve contents on Yoruba Wikipedia
- Engage existing volunteers
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 2 translation-athon
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- National Newspapers
- Official mailing list of Wikimedia Nigeria
- Social media platforms (e.g facebooks & Twitter)
- Various Whatassp groups
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- yo:Olaniyan Olushola
- yo:User:Demmy (sysop)
- yo:User:T Cells (sysop)
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will create a mentorship page to follow up with participants and there would be a separate WhatsApp group for participants
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Participants would includes selected secondary/high school teachers of Yoruba language, lecturers of the language, Yoruba Authors and Yoruba language students of various university, and Colleges of Education. It's a two day events and the programme of activities is documented below.
|Morning Session(Day 1)|
|10:00AM - 10:30AM||Registration||All|
|10:30AM - 11:00AM||Opening remark||User:Demmy (Wikimedian of the Year 2012)|
|11:30AM - 12:00||Introduction to Yoruba Wikipedia||User:Agbalagba|
|12:00 Noon - 12:30||Braek||All|
|Technical Session 1|
|12:30PM - 1:00PM||Wikipedia account & Sockpupettry||User:Kaizenify|
|1:00pm -1:30PM||Diacritical marks configuration/settings||User:T Cells|
|1:30PM - 2:30PM||NPOV||User:Adefanike|
|2:30PM - 3:00PM||Lunch|
|Technical Session 2|
|3:00PM - 4:00PM||Content Translation Tool||User:Agbalagba|
|4:00PM - 5:00PM||Questions & Answers||All|
|5:00PM - 5:30PM||Votes of thanks||User:Olaniyan Olushola (President, Wikimedia Nigeria Foundation)|
|Morning Session(Day 2)|
|10:00AM - 1:00PM||Contents translation||All participants|
|1:00PM - 1:30PM||Tea Break||All participants|
|1:30PM - 4:00PM||Contents translation cont'd||All participants|
|4:00PM - 4:30PM||General discussions||All participants|
|4:00PM - 5:00PM||Votes of thanks||User:Demmy|
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- If two events are organized
- If at least 30 people participates
- If at least 10 new editors are recruited
- If at least least 100 articles are created or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Events facilitators and other volunteers
- Keeping events safe
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount. This is the budget breakdown for the workshop
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Total Cost of Event|
(Sumtotal :NGN602,500 (USD 1975.40 )).
|1||Food||35||3000||105,000||9.83||344.26||This would cover the cost of meal and tea break of participants|
|2||Event space||2||200000||200000||655.73||655.73||This is the cost of event space for two days. They will provide projector as well.|
|3||Internet||1||25000||25000||81.96||81.96||This is the cost of Internet for the two days events|
|4||Transportation for event facilitators within Lagos||3||10000||30000||32.78||98.36||This will take care of transportation of volunteers to-and-fro for two days|
|5||Transportation for event facilitators outside Lagos||2||10000||20000||32.78||65.57||This will take care of transportation of the volunteers outside Lagos|
|6||Hotel accommodation for facilitator outside Lagos||2||15000||60000||49.18||196.72||This would cover hotel accommodation for two facilitators outside Lagos|
|7||Meal for facilitator outside Lagos||2||5000||20000||16.39||65.57||This would cover meal for the facilitator outside Lagos for two days. cost of food per day for each of them is N 5000, the two of them would be N10,000 per day and therefore N20,000 for the two days|
|8||Certificate of participation||30||1000||30000||3.27||98.36||Participants who fully participate in the workshop will be awarded a certificate|
|9||Name tags||35||500||17,500||1.63||57.37||This is estimated cost of swags for participants|
|10||Wikipedia T-Shirt for event facilitators||5||3000||15000||9.83||49.18||This is a high quality material and will only be given to events facilitator|
|11||communication||1||20000||20000||65.56||65.56||This is for phone calls & internet before and after the events|
|12||Internet data support for mentors||4||10000||40000||32.78||131.14||This is to provide internet for volunteer mentors after the event|
|13||Contingency||1||20000||20000||65.56||65.56||This is for unforeseen expenses|
|Grand Total: NGN602,500 (USD 1975.40) for the events|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!