- Create and improve wikipedia articles on Chadian cinema
- To bridge the huge content gap and improve on the systemic bias, in-respect of the African continent, by getting real African stories and viewpoints into the mainstream
- Focus will include variety of interests, such as: Contemporary cinema articles, Cinema history articles, biographies of relevant personalities (especially women), film articles, images of relevant subjects and personalities
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
We are hosting two Edit-A-Thons as part of The AfroCine Project
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. We use Facebook, Twitter accounts of Wikimedia Chad, as well as our internal mailing list
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Participants will be asked to bring laptops and devices along to the workshop to use for the Edit-A-Thon. Two laptops will be made available to participants who do not have computers or phones to edit. There will be a selection of books and hard copy resources for participants to use for generating content.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)? The participants will divide into groups (in the form of coffee mornings) and each group will choose to work on Chadian cinema. We will encourage participants to continue editing and updating pages through personalized communications, highlighting the importance of having up-to-date web pages with accurate information
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? he workshop is part of the The AfroCine Project. We want to bridge the huge gap in content and improve systemic biases, while respecting the African continent, by integrating real African stories and perspectives
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2 (2 editathons)
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new editors: 10-12
- Number of of articles created or improved: 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). Our chadians Wikimedians volunteers are very active in organizing the organizing off-wiki activities, and planning the agenda for the meetups. Positive, is also deeply involved in planning. A project manager is coordinating all activities. Team Chad
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Events||Room rental||2||$100||$200||This includes the first workshop and the two Editathons.|
|Communications||Internet at the events||2||$50||$100||An internet package for the three activities.|
|Drinks and Snacks||2||$123||$246|
|Total: USD 546|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!