Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add contents to Hills and mountain in South West of Nigeria
- Improve visibility of Wikipedia articles on highlands in South West of Nigeria
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- 6 Photowalks around the states in South West of Nigeria
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- Photos of Highlands in South Western states in Nigeria
3. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
I have informed the Wikimedia community through its talk page on meta You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
4. How will you let participants know about the photowalk? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Social media channels
5. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- I will organise a edit-a-thon with a focus on photo uploads and the use of such photos on relevant Wikipedia pages.
6. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
8. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- See the link here
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants 2
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 100
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects 25
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount. Camera= 150x2 = 300 Accommodation for the Photographers = (50x2)5=500 Local transport foe photographers= 2X 50( 5)= 500 Food and Drinks during each of the photowalk= (10x2)5=100 Internet Access ( rental of router)= 150 Internet Data= 100 Brand shirt= 30x2= 60 Venue for photo upload= 200 Alternative Power supply= 50 Contingency = 40 Total= USD 1990
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!