Grants:Project/Rapid/Adebukola3ee/WikiClub LASU Edit Training and Edit-a-thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 1 Training and 1 Edit-a-thon
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- The Wikimedia Nigeria community has been informed here.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- WikiClub LASU members will be notified via the club's social media platforms (WhatsApp, Twitter).
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants will be notified and expected to bring their respective internet accessing devices. They will also be giving the audience to participate in discussions and offer high-quality information. However, if they lack any abilities, the organizers will provide them with training throughout the project.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- New editors will be added to the club's WhatsApp group chat, and active contributors will be involve in subsequent projects.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 2
- Number of participants - 40
- Number of new editors - 20
- Number of of articles created or improved (Wikipedia) - 50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) - 15
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Yes, I have experienced Wikimedians from Wiki Fan Club, Lagos State University, and Wikimedia Nigeria Community that have shown interest in collaborating with me in this event. We will also put in place edit instructions for new wikimedians and we also have a great and experienced event planner in our community who has shown interest to be in charge of the event logistics for the event.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drinks - (₦2000 * 40) * 2 = ₦160000 | $384.51
- Internet - ₦30000 * 2 = ₦60000 | $144.19
- Stickers - ₦10000 | $24.03
- Hoodies - ₦6000 * 10 = ₦60000 | $144.19
- Mugs - ₦4000 * 10 = ₦40000 | $96.13
- Designs and Banners - ₦10 * 2 = ₦20000 | $48.06
- Misc. - ₦30000 | $72.10
- Total - ₦380000 | $913.21
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
Strong support This project will serve as an avenue for wikimedians at the institution to gain more knowledge about Wikipedia.
Strong support I support this project, I believe the project would be beneficial to WikiClub LASU, Epe members.
Strong support I support this project as it will foster the emergence of new editors and create awareness with regards to the WikiClub and all it has to offer Jesugbog0 (talk) 10:36 , 11 February 2022 (UTC)
Strong support Long overdue!!! I support this project B.Korlah (talk) 11:36 , 18 February 2022 (UTC)