Grants:Project/Rapid/Abdallahbigboy/Editathon for arabic wikipedia in Chad
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add details to each goal.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors and create a community of contributor on wikipedia in Arabic language in Chad
- Add or improve content
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
We are planning a series of 6 editathons over 2 months focused create and improve articles on Chad on wikipedia in Arabic.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
We will inform and invite, via our mailing list, Wikimedia Chad and Wenaklabs' Facebook and Twitter pages to the community to participate in the contest. All social media platforms in our community will wear the contest colors for the duration of the contest; they will be used to promote the contest.
We will also take advantage of our network of journalists to communicate about the contest and engage the public
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
On our team, we have 5 experienced editors who help lead the edits and help the participants and 3 people who are excellent event planners who will be in charge of event logistics.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
We will organize the events in the WenakLabs training room which also has a library. Unfortunately she does not have computers. Participants who do not have computers will help with references to the books. Those books will be listed on the event page so that people can find them.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
Online mentors will send a welcome message to new editors after the event. They will monitor the work done by new editors between events so they can answer questions and offer feedback. We will also start a WhatsApp group for editathon participants to talk.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 6
- Number of participants: 20
- Number of new editors: 15
- Number of of articles created or improved: 40
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). We have 4 experienced Wikimedians who will attend all the events, one event planner, and 2 online mentors. Library staff will help us with resources and are providing the venue for free.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink = $100 x 6 events = $600
- Child care = $55 x 6 events = $330
- Communications et sensibilisation = $400 (Kakemonos, t-shirt, stickers, etc.)
Total = 1,330 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!