Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund/Rapid Fund/Wikipedia 201 Education Program for Advanced Users in Turkey (ID: 22107350)
This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
Applicant Details Edit
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
Wikimedians of Turkic Languages User Group Wikimedia Community User Group Turkey
Grant Proposal Edit
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Wikipedia 201 Education Program for Advanced Users in Turkey
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
It is the continuation of the Wikipedia 101 Beginners Video Tutorial, which is currently being filmed. The difference is that this time there will be education that will appeal to more experienced users instead of beginners. Also, this time, experienced users will be hosted from WMTR to talk.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
What: Wikipedia 201 is a video training set project where experienced Wikipedia users will transfer their experiences to other Wikipedians and shoot and record them in a professional studio for later viewing.
How: The Wikipedia 201 training kit project will start by hosting experienced Wikipedians and editing Wikipedia with a friendly chat environment in front of the camera.
Why: As Wikipedians, we will improve the quality of our Wikipedia version by sharing our knowledge and skills with other Wikipedians. We will also make sure that Wikipedians around the world are informed by publishing it as a video set with a Creative Commons license.
Where: The video training set will be shot at RGB Studios within the Faculty of Communication of Istanbul Bilgi University.
When: The shooting of the video training set is planned to start in May and to be completed by the end of June, ready to be watched.
Who: The main presenter and moderator of the training set will be done by myself (Yılmaz Caner Özyayıkçı, Username: Kurmanbek). The speakers we will host in our training set will be volunteer users who are members of the Wikimedia Community User Group Turkey. Technical support such as shooting and editing in the studio will be provided by the students and academics of Istanbul Bilgi University RGB Studios.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
Example education videos plan: (Various additions and deletions can be made if deemed necessary.)
1: What is featured articles? 2: Wikidata and Lexemes 3: Wikimedia Commons 4: User roles on Wikipedia 5: Templates 6: AWB and other tools 7: User experiences episodes
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
Wikipedia 201 Education Set Advanced Users Team:
- Kurmanbek (main implementer)
- Zafer (supervisor)
- Basak (content manager)
- Adem (technical support)
My user groups are always ready for support. If necessary, we can talk to the members and distribute the tasks.
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
Some users in Turkey may be hesitant to participate in face-to-face events to maintain their anonymity. As WMTR, we are doing our best to overcome this. With this project, users will be able to open and watch the topics that come to their minds from the training set whenever they wish. Thus, it is planned to prevent information inequality.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Education, Open Technology
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
Target participants are anyone who speaks Turkish and wants to learn more about Wikipedia. During the shoot, we will make sure that Wikipedians who want to participate as speakers contact us. We will announce this by opening an e-mail list or a topic to the village pump. In addition, before the shooting, we will have a confirmation document signed that the users allow the shooting and that the content will be published on the YouTube channel that we will open with a Creative Commons license. After the content is uploaded to the YouTube channel, various data such as views will be reported and the success and interest rate will be measured.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
Before the shooting, we will have a confirmation document signed that the users allow the shooting and that the content will be published on the YouTube channel that we will open with a Creative Commons license. Users who come to the shoot can also be given a small gift such as a notebook, etc. Only the user name or only the names of the users who wish will appear on the screen. It all depends on their comfort and consent.
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
First of all, we determined our Wikipedia 101 Video Training Set for Beginners project with the people I met as part of the Let's Connect program. It is currently being filmed and when it is finished, English subtitles and even Bengali and Urdu audio dubbing will be made on the Turkish video. When I told this training kit project to my user group, they welcomed and welcomed me. Because we will have digital education material and we will be able to use it in the future. We will be able to send these videos to users who have a question mark in their mind and let them find answers to their problems. Members of my community will assist this project in translating written speeches, identifying topics in detail, and getting suggestions of deficiencies experienced by experienced users.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- We can have more knowledge and experience. Thus, we can hold larger events in the future as well.
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Improve User Experience, Manage Internal Knowledge, Innovate in Free Knowledge
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation Edit
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
Measuring interest in the video tutorial and user interest in learning Wikipedia.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants||Worker students and academics from university and WMTR members||20|
|Number of editors|
|Number of organizers||1) Kurmanbek (main implementer)
2) Zafer (supervisor) 3) Basak (content manager) 4) Adem (technical support)
|Wikimedia Commons||We will upload videos on Wikimedia Commons||12|
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
I will measure viewing on Wikimedia Commons pageviews
Financial Proposal Edit
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback Edit
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).