Workshop, where experienced Wikipedian photographers teach the less experienced photographers how to prepare and take good photos for the Wikipedia (and other Wikimedia projects).
Description of actual activities:
The workshop took place in small Czech town Lipnice nad Sázavou from April 23th to April 25th 2010. Six chapters members and five other wikipedians took part in this workshop. Next activities came through:
- Night photographing
- Small theoretical lesson and a presentation of photographic equipment (for beginners and advanced users)
- Individual photographing of object in Lipnice nad Sázavou surrounding
- Comparing of acquired photographs
Gallery – post-workshop photographs
What lessons were learned that could help others succeed in similar projects?
- Dividing of participants into beginners and advanced users was very useful.
- For the “individual” photographing it would be helpful to make pairs with one beginner and one advanced user.
- Using of a projector could help in evaluation of photographs.
What impact did the project have on WMF mission goals of Increased Reach, Increased Quality, Increased Credibility, Increased and Diversified Participation?
- Practical training with a near professional photographer (many thanks Spock lone wolf for this help) was a great experience. It will help the participants to increase the quality of their pictures.
- This meeting could increase the interrelationship between the participants.
Detail of expenditures:
|Expenditures||Plan (CZK / USD)||Actuality (CZK / approx. USD)|
|Transportation||5211 CZK / USD 300||5634 CZK / USD 324|
|Accommodation||7817 CZK / USD 450||8190 CZK / USD 472|
|Administration||2605 CZK / USD 150||1844 CZK / USD 106|
|Total||15 633 CZK / USD 900||15 668 CZK / USD 902|
The difference was covered by the chapters’ resource.
- printing manuals and documentation, phone expenses … 921 CZK / USD 53
- bank charges … 43 CZK / USD 2
- rental of workshop room … 880 CZK / USD 51
Amount underspent in US Dollars:
Will you be requesting re-allocation of remaining grant funding?