Grants:PEG/WM CZ/Photo Workshop
IMPORTANT: Please do not make changes to this page without the explicit approval of Project and Event Grants Program staff. They will be reverted.
- This project has already been funded, but you may still add or review comments on the discussion page.
- To review a list of other funded submissions, please visit the Requests subpage.
- Report: Please visit Grants:PEG/WM CZ/Photo Workshop/Report to read this report, comment on this report, or review its status.
- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimedia Česká republika
- Grant contact name
- Petr Novák
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name
- Pavel Hrdlička
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- Pavel Hrdlička
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Chairman of the Audit commission
- Full project name
- Photo Workshop
- Amount requested (in USD)
- USD 900
- Provisional target start date
- Provisional completion date
- Transportation: USD 300
- Accommodation: USD 450
- Administration: USD 150
Wikipedia and other Wikimedia project need good free pictures. The easiest way to get them is to teach Wikipedians how to create high-quality photographs. This is one of the goals of "WikiProjekt Fotografování" on Czech Wikipedia which brings photographers together. One of the best ways to increase quality of their work is help them pass experience to to each other on a personal meeting.
Therefore, we intend to organize a weekend workshop for approximately ten Wikipedia photographers (or more, depending on exact costs and interest), during which they will learn how make better photography, share experiences and knowledge and also discuss tips for future work.
The requested funds shall cover mostly accommodation and travel expenses for participants, smaller part of budget is reserved for renting the room where (indoor part of) the workshop will take place.
Workshop, where experienced Wikipedian photographes learn the less experienced photographers how to prepare for and take good photos for the Wikipedia (and other Wikimedia projects).
Approving grant for our "Camera" project would be helpful.
Fit to strategyEdit
This project will raise quality of free photographic content contributed by Czech Wikipedians and thus improve Wikipedia as well as other projects.
We hope that experiences from this workshop will bring more substance to recent discussions about quality and encyklopedic value of photographs taken by Czech Wikipedians.
Measures of successEdit
Each participant will take a quality photohraph of at least three previously poorly covered objects that he/she chooses during the workshop. These photos will be of course available for any Wikimedia project.