- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Is your project completed?
Activities and lessons learnedEdit
- What worked well?
- Number of photos uploaded
- Wiki Takes... Leuven
- Presentation and prize giving ceremony
- Organizing prizes
- What didn't work?
- Communication during holiday season.
- Media coverage.
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- Starting earlier, during holidays many people are worse reachable.
Outcomes and impactEdit
- Provide the original project goal here.
- We want to encourage and facilitate the capturing and uploading of photographs of Belgian and Luxembourg heritage sites or monuments in September (goal I). On an organisatorial level, we want to strengthen our organisation (goal IIa), achieve a high media coverage (goal IIb) and anchor our relationship with the different collaborating organisations (goal IIc). To ensure continuity in our activities towards the user community (goal III).
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 short paragraphs.
- Goals I, IIa, IIc and III yes.
- We successfully organised Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium and Luxembourg with great results. We worked together with multiple partner organisations, which will get a follow up in 2015.
- Goal IIb no.
- Despite the communication of the WLM team and our partners, there was in the general media no attention for the contest.
Progress towards targets and goalsEdit
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Get 16.000 uploaded pictures of Belgian and Luxembourg heritage sites (3179 in 2013, 4403 in 2012, 6102 in 2011) (goal I)||2320 pictures this year, combined with previous years we come to a cumulative number of 16.004 pictures.||Target reached|
|Get 40 new contributors (goal I)||111 new contributors with no edits on Commons||Target reached|
|Achieve a high 'diversity' of the uploaded pictures and contributors (eg. professional photographers vs hobby photographers, Dutch/French/German contributors) (goal I)||Yes, we have a high diversity of uploaded pictures across Belgium and Luxembourg and spread participants.||Target reached|
|Create of a professional volunteering organising team (goal IIa)||Yes, we had a professional organising team and had professional communication towards our partners.||Target reached|
|Achieve the same media impact as last year (goal IIb)||No, we had no (external) media covering the contest. But we did get attention on Twitter.||Target not reached|
|Get a commitment from the partners for Wiki Loves Monuments 2014 during the Award Session (goal IIc)||Yes, our partners supported and sponsored us in various ways.||Target reached|
|Have a considerable number of participants at the award prizegiving session (goal III)||Yes, +10% of participants was present, with 26 people present.||Target reached|
We are trying to understand the overall outcomes of the work being funded across our grantees. In addition to the measures of success for your specific program (in above section), please use the table below to let us know how your project contributed to the Global Metrics. We know that not all projects will have results for each type of metric, so feel free to put "0" where necessary.
- Next to each required metric, list the actual outcome achieved through this project.
- Where necessary, explain the context behind your outcome. For example, if you were funded for an edit-a-thon which resulted in 0 new images, your explanation might be "This project focused solely on participation and articles written/improved, the goal was not to collect images."
For more information and a sample, see Global Metrics.
|1. # of active editors involved||42||With uploading pictures|
|2. # of new editors||111||With uploading pictures|
|3. # of individuals involved||153||With uploading pictures|
|4. # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages||2562||2562 pictures have been uploaded in this contest|
|5. # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects||0||Wiki Loves Monuments is a photo contest|
|6. Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects||?||Unable to define, please provide easy tools to determine this before asking.|
- Learning question
- Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?
- Yes, the participants liked participating.
- Yes, more pictures came available for volunteers to write articles about.
Option A: How did you increase participation in one or more Wikimedia projects?
- More new users participated in this contest.
Option B: How did you improve quality on one or more Wikimedia projects?
- More pictures with good quality came available.
Option C: How did you increase the reach (readership) of one or more Wikimedia projects?
- More visual information came available.
Reporting and documentation of expendituresEdit
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Actual cost per unit||Actual total||Budgeted total||Currency||Notes|
|1||Part 1: Travel expenses||Travel expenses||128,99||120||EUR|
|2||Part 2: Travel expenses||Travel expenses||108,75||120||EUR|
|3||Part 3: Gift packages for the judges||Gifts for jury||189,12||150||EUR|
|4||Part 3: Travel expenses||Travel expenses||59,32||120||EUR||Less travel, on request of judges|
|5||Part 4: Award prizes||Prizes for the uploaders of the winning photos||301,26||600||EUR||Some winners did not show up or respond|
|6||Part 4: Travel expenses||Travel expenses + hotel||455,80||600||EUR|
|7||Part 5: Cellphone expenses||Cellphone expenses||100,00||100||EUR|
|8||Part 5: Project Management Costs||Flyers and posters||344,94||330||EUR|
|9||Part 5: Project Management Costs||Drinks||44,10||0||EUR||Drinks afterwards for participants Wiki Takes... Leuven + for organizers|
Above costs solely of budget WMF.
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- 4875 EUR
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if PEG is your only funding source)
- 2140 EUR
- Total amount spent on this project
- Unknown, external costs are not paid by the project team, but sponsored in kind
- Total amount of Project and Event grant funds spent on this project
- 1.732,28 EUR
- Are there additional sources that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- Yes, but precise amount is unknown, as those costs are not born by project team. But € 1022,45 is extra sponsored, above the original budget.
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- 407,72 EUR
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.
- Remaining funds have returned to WMF.