Grants:IdeaLab/Separate conflicting users instead of punishing
What Wikimedia project(s) and specific areas will you be evaluating?Edit
Is this project measuring a specific space on a project (e.g. deletion discussions), or the project as a whole?
all wikimedia projects
Describe your idea. How might it be implemented?Edit
Implementation of phabricator ticket T125723
Are there experienced Wikimedians who can help implement this project?Edit
If applicable, please list groups or usernames of individuals who you can work with on this project, and what kind of work they will do.
Hoo man, Krenair, Seewolf
Analyse conflicting users' block history, analyse occurence of these users on the page 'Administrator intervention against vandalism' as a reported user and as a reporting user, analyse rollback behaviour before and after installing the separation filter
How would your measurement idea help your community make better decisions?Edit
After you are finished measuring or evaluating your Wikimedia project, how do you expect that information to be used to benefit the project?
separate conflicting users and reduce escalation instead of punishing them for bad behaviour
Do you think you can implement this idea? What support do you need?Edit
Do you need people with specific skills to complete this idea? Are there any financial needs for this project? If you can’t implement this project, can you scale down your project so it is doable?
Very sorry, but i can't code...
About the idea creatorEdit
Author, mostly in natural sciences, arbcom.de member from 2014 until today
- Volunteer thank you for your idea Dirir Hayaan (talk) 00:27, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer Should be pretty simple — Jeblad 12:13, 29 July 2018 (UTC)
- This is seems a very good idea Lotje (talk) 14:24, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Sounds good to me. PF4Eva (talk) 01:48, 21 July 2018 (UTC)
- With a clearer gameplan, I think it could work. 2ReinreB2 (talk) 01:32, 25 July 2018 (UTC)
- I like this idea Leochato (talk) 14:36, 25 July 2018 (UTC)
- In combination with Grants:IdeaLab/Editor rescue --Havang(nl) (talk) 09:29, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
- Nice idea. L293D (talk) 14:59, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
- Good idea. PaoloDybala (talk) 17:32, 8 August 2018 (UTC)
Expand your ideaEdit
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.
No funding needed?Edit
Does your idea not require funding, but you're not sure about what to do next? Not sure how to start a proposal on your local project that needs consensus? Contact Chris Schilling on-wiki at I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) or via e-mail at cschilling wikimedia.org for help!