Grants:IdeaLab/Reimagining WMF grants/Implementation/es
Reimagining WMF grants
Recursos de discusión:
Resumen de los resultados
As reported in the September 2015 Reimagining WMF Grants Outcomes, we are moving forward with a new structure for grants as follows:
- Rapid Grants. To provide quick support for opportunities throughout the year. Up to $2000 for low-risk experiments and standard needs (meetups, etc) that don't need broad review to get started.
- Project Grants. To promote experiments and sustain ideas that work. Up to $100,000 for 12 months. There will be different guidelines and support systems for experiments (seed) and established projects (growth), but one application process.
- Annual Plan Grants. To support organizations in developing and sustaining effective programs. Up to $100,000 for 12 months through a simple process, and full process for larger or unrestricted grants.
- Conference and Travel Support. To support organizers and travelers attending conferences. Travel, kits and guidance, funds and merchandise, to foster community connections and learning.
Learn more about each grants program.
Implementación de la línea de tiempo
Sabemos que es importante minimizar la interrupción de las comunidades y los concesionarios por lo que estamos llevando a cabo los cambios de estas fases.
Línea de tiempo de cambios a las subvenciones WMF
|1 October 2015||
Simple Process Annual Plan Grants pilot launched (grants started 1 January 2016)
|18 April 2016||Call for Project Grant and Conference Support committee members|
|16 May 2016||Lanzamiento de Subvenciones Rápidas|
|30 June 2016||Cerrar Proyecto & Subvenciones al evento (no hay nuevas donaciones PEG aceptadas)|
|March–June 2016||Finalize changes to Full Process Annual Plan Grants based on simple process pilot and consultation feedback|
|1 July 2016||
Open call for Round 1 2016 Project Grants
|2 August 2016||Launch Conference Support & Deadline for Round 1 Project Grant applications|
|1 July 2016||
Implement changes to Full Process Annual Plan Grants for Round 1 2016/2017 applicants
|March 2017||Evaluate grants restructure|
- There will be no changes to the Travel Support program, including Wikimania Scholarships.
- Rapid Grants and Conference & Travel Support will be offered year-round.
- Simple Annual Plan Grants will be offered year-round through the 2016 pilot.
- Project Grants will be awarded quarterly (see schedule below).
- New Project Grant application forms will be available 1 July 2016.
- After 2 August, open Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) and Project & Event Grants (PEG) will be moved to Project Grants. All renewals will be processed as Project Grants. The renewal process will be similar to the current IEG renewal process.
Project Grants 2016 schedule
Round 1 2016 schedule
Open call: 1 July – 2 August
Proposal deadline: 2 August
Staff eligibility review: 3–9 August
Community review: 10–23 August
Committee review: 24 August – 6 September
Grantees announced: 7 October
Grants disbursed: October
Round 2 2016 schedule
Open call: 12 September – 11 October
Proposal deadline: 11 October
Staff eligibility review: 12–18 October
Community review: 19 October – 1 November
Committee review: 2 November – 15 November
Grantees announced: 16 December
Grants disbursed: January 2017
Comités de subvenciones
- Rapid Grants. Rapid Grants will be reviewed by staff on a weekly basis to allow for quick decisions and to free up volunteers to review more complicated grants.
- Project Grants. An open call for new committee members will start 18 April. The Project Grants Committee will be organized into small working groups to review sets of proposals with a common methodology, theme, or subject matter. Possible working groups include online community organizing, offline outreach and partnerships, tools, and research.
- Annual Plan Grants. The Funds Dissemination Committee and Simple Annual Plan Grant Committee will remain the same.
- Conference and Travel Support. An open call for new Conference Support Committee members will start 18 April. The Travel Support Committee will remain the same.
Note: Current Grant Advisory Committee members and Individual Engagement Grant Committee members are welcome to apply to new committees.
Por favor, comparta sus preguntas o reflexiones en la página de discusión.