Grants:IdeaLab/Drag-n-drop references between articles
What is the problem you're trying to solve?Edit
Some similar articles may have different references, but could likely benefit from sharing them. Experienced editors can copy the reference by Copy/Paste text edit, but casual readers are less likely to get involved, as the technical hassle may be beyond their wish. A simple Drag'n'Drop tool is easier to use.
What is your solution?Edit
Create an option to use the mouse pointer to drag a reference from one article (in one window or tab) to a desired point in another article (in another window or tab). A similar idea is Grants:IdeaLab/TabToReference
Involve more people in improving articles
This project needs leaders and contributors. (Creator does not contribute further)
- Great idea. Would make it easier for newcomers to get involved! Maestroso simplo (talk) 23:13, 15 March 2016 (UTC)
- Great idea, it will have a positive effect in the number of articles' references Flashlack (talk) 11:13, 16 March 2016 (UTC)
- Its so frustrating to see a a similar article lacking the information of the other this would make it easier for consistency Muchotreeo (talk) 15:43, 16 March 2016 (UTC)
- It would save time and make reffing easier Victuallers (talk) 16:49, 16 March 2016 (UTC)
- Great idea! It would save time. Sydney Poore/FloNight (talk) 00:11, 2 April 2016 (UTC)
- Elilopes (talk) 19:08, 13 February 2017 (UTC)
Expand your ideaEdit
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.