Timeline for Automated Notability DetectionEdit
|Finish handcoding site and volunteer recruitment; begin handcoding||1 April 2016|
|Complete handcoding||1 July 2016|
|Complete modeling and validation||1 September 2016|
Please prepare a brief project update each month, in a format of your choice, to share progress and learnings with the community along the way. Submit the link below as you complete each update.
I created a classifier that can distinguish between articles in different general categories. We'll use this to pre-categorize articles by which high-level notability guideline (e.g. people, books, movies) applies to them before applying a topic-specific notability classifier.
Started extracting features for the topic-specific classifiers. Worked primarily on movies.
Worked on preparing the data for hand-annotation; continued extracting features. (Started on books.)
May 2015 -- March 2016Edit
Project in hibernation due to time conflicts.
Project restarted. Working on creating handcoding page to work with m:Wiki_labels.
New end dateEdit
Tentatively September 2016. Rough timeline:
- March 2016: prepare hand-coding site; expected integration with Wiki labels
- April-July 2016: volunteers hand-code pages
- May-August: model building and validation
- August-September: wrap-up and hand-over to someone (paid or volunteer) who can build an API
I (Bluma Gelley, main grantee) have had some unexpected things come up which took a lot of my time, so I was unable to devote as much time to this project as planned. I am really invested in the project and hope that you'll give me a chance to continue.
- Hi Bluma, per this request and our associated call about the delays in your project, I'm approving this extension request for your project, setting a new end date of September 30, 2016. Pleased to hear that you are keeping Aaron Halfaker abreast of your project and looking forward to hearing about your outcomes. --Marti (WMF) (talk) 17:02, 15 March 2016 (UTC)