Grants:APG/Proposals/2020-2021 round 2/Wikimedia Indonesia/Proposal form
- 1. In order to support community review, please provide a brief description of your organization's work in the upcoming funding period.
Since 2008, Wikimedia Indonesia is dedicated to developing the capacity of the Wikimedia communities in Indonesia and improving the internal organization of Wikimedia Indonesia. We work to run programs that resulted in direct positive impacts on the entire Wikimedia community in Indonesia and the Indonesian population in general. For the last several years, we emphasize on community development and support, as we believe our community is the key. We want to have a stronger community presence to achieve our goals. One of the efforts carried out by Wikimedia Indonesia is to increase community capacity by conducting regular training and meetings.
2020 is the year of world pandemic, which makes Wikimedia Indonesia needed to adjust the plans that were made pre-pandemic. All plans for activities that are carried out offline turn into online. This policy certainly has a big effect because most of our activities are offline. In 2021, it looks like it will not be much different from 2020, and considering the pandemic that is still hitting the world, Wikimedia Indonesia will remain focused on its online activities. This year, Wikimedia Indonesia is still focusing on four main programs: (1) Community Development & Support, (2) Education, (3) GLAM & Partnership, and (4) Content Enrichment. These programs have been previously running in 2020, and we will continue all the program in line with our five-year strategic plan.
- 2. Name, fiscal year, and funding period.
- Legal name of organization: Perkumpulan Wikimedia Indonesia
- Organization's fiscal year: 01 January–31 December
- 12-month funding period requested: 01 July 2021-–30 June 2022
- Currency requested: Indonesian Rupiah
- Name of primary contact: Biyanto Rebin
- 3. Amount requested.
|Currency requested (IDR)||Amount in USD|
|Total expenses for the upcoming year||4,745,897,900||327,467|
|APG funding requested for the upcoming year||4,745,897,900||327,467|
|Amount of funding received from WMF for the current year||5,073,740,000||355,162|
- 4. How does your organization know what community members and contributors to online projects need or want? Does your organization conduct needs assessments or consult the contributors and volunteers most involved with its work?
- We held the meeting with the community, either offline or online, during month of January-March every year. We conduct the evaluation or feedback about our previous program and asking them what can we improve together. We build the program together with the community as we understand they are the one who taking care our online and offline events or projects. Our aim is to make sure that they are included in the conversation not only as the spectator.
- 5. Please provide a link to your organization's strategic plan, and a link to your separate annual plans for the current and upcoming funding periods if you have them.
- Please consult Wikimedia Indonesia strategic plans.
Annual plan summaryEdit
Financial: current yearEdit
- 1. Please describe your organization's staffing plan or strategy here, and provide a link to your organization's staffing plan or organogram if you have one.
- We hire the staffs based on necessity, but we realize since our community is so big with more than 700 languages and currently we maintain more than 10 local languages community and 30 Wikimedia projects, it will increase the staff burden year by year with its current growing. That's why we try to shift the focus and build the community capacity and skills, so we can support more communities in the future.
- 2. List of staff by department or function.
- You can use this table (or substitute your own list) to show us the number of FTEs (fulltime equivalents) for each department or function, where one person working at 100% time would be counted as 1.0. We need this information about the total number of staff (FTEs) you plan to have by the end of the current funding period, and staff you plan to have by the end of the upcoming funding period.
|Department or function||End of current funding period||End of upcoming funding period||Explanation of changes|
|Administration staff||0||1||Based on the auditor suggestion to improve our current administrative work, since our organisation's growing is inevitable.|
|Internal affairs manager||1||1|
|Public relation and community manager||1||1|
|Visual communication staff||1||1|
|Campaign and publication coordinator||1||1|
|Videografer and designer||0||1||Pandemic push us to make more interactive video so our visibility will be increased. We also help to design community social media and our social media for more than 40 channels, the community staff who usually handle the design feeling overworked, so this is another reason why we add the staff.|
|Competition staff||0||1||We will do more competition since a lot of partner requested to do more writing competition to close the gap for specific and important topic that usually being neglected because it's not very popular, e.g. climate change, woman articles.|
Table 4 notes or explanation of significant changes:
- 3. How much does your organization plan to spend on staff by the end of the current funding period, in currency requested and US dollars?
- 4. How much does your organization plan to spend on staff by the end of the upcoming funding period, in currency requested and US dollars?
Verification and signatureEdit
Please enter "yes" or "no" for the verification below.
- The term “political or legislative activities” includes any activities relating to political campaigns or candidates (including the contribution of funds and the publication of position statements relating to political campaigns or candidates); voter registration activities; meetings with or submissions and petitions to government executives, ministers, officers or agencies on political or policy issues; and any other activities seeking government intervention or policy implementation (like “lobbying”), whether directed toward the government or the community or public at large. General operating support through the FDC may not be used to cover political and legislative activities, although you may make a separate grant agreement with the WMF for these purposes.
I verify that no funds from the Wikimedia Foundation will be used
for political or legislative activities except as permitted by a grant agreement
Please sign below to complete this proposal form.
- IMPORTANT. Please do not make any changes to this proposal form after the proposal submission deadline for this round. If a change that is essential to an understanding of your organization's proposal is needed, please request the change on the discussion page of this form so it may be reviewed by FDC staff. Once submitted, complete and valid proposal forms submitted on time by eligible organizations will be considered unless an organization withdraws its application in writing or fails to remain eligible for the duration of the FDC process.