Grants:APG/Proposals/2019-2020 round 2/Wikimedia Indonesia/Proposal form
- 1. In order to support community review, please provide a brief description of your organization's work in the upcoming funding period.
Since 2008, Wikimedia Indonesia is dedicated to developing the capacity of the Wikimedia communities in Indonesia and improving the internal organization of Wikimedia Indonesia. We work to run programs that resulted in direct positive impacts on the entire Wikimedia community in Indonesia and the Indonesian population in general. For the last several years, we emphasize on community development and support, as we believe our community is the key. We want to have a stronger community presence to achieve our goals. One of the efforts carried out by Wikimedia Indonesia is to increase community capacity by conducting regular training and meetings.
This year, Wikimedia Indonesia is focusing on four main programs: (1) Community Development & Support, (2) Education, (3) GLAM, and (4) Content Enrichment. These programs have been previously running in 2019, and we will continue all the program in line with our five-year strategic plan. Receiving ideas and initiatives from the communities in several meetups and in-person discussion, Wikimedia Indonesia will expand its programs to reach more regions in Indonesia, conducting more intense training and meetups, and create a partnership with more institutions. These strategies aim to not only increase participation on Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects but also to invite any individuals and institutions who have similar missions to get involved in. We also change our grantee-defined metrics to a total of the active community members and the active collaborative partners, as we understand that our program is related to the communities and partners to collaborate and enable the program.
- 2. Name, fiscal year, and funding period.
- Legal name of organization: Perkumpulan Wikimedia Indonesia
- Organization's fiscal year: 01 January–31 December
- 12-month funding period requested: 01 July 2019–30 June 2020
- Currency requested: United States Dollar
- Name of primary contact: Biyanto Rebin
- 3. Amount requested.
|Currency requested (IDR)||Amount in USD|
|Total expenses for the upcoming year||5,073,740,000||355,162|
|APG funding requested for the upcoming year||5,073,740,000||355,162|
|Amount of funding received from WMF for the current year||4,292,505,000||304,768|
- 4. How does your organization know what community members and contributors to online projects need or want? Does your organization conduct needs assessments or consult the contributors and volunteers most involved with its work?
- We held the meeting with the community, either offline or online, during month of January-March every year. We conduct the evaluation or feedback about our previous program and asking them what can we improve together. We build the program together with the community as we understand they are the one who taking care our online and offline events or projects. Our aim is to make sure that they are included in the conversation not only as the spectator.
- 5. Please provide a link to your organization's strategic plan, and a link to your separate annual plans for the current and upcoming funding periods if you have them.
- Please consult Wikimedia Indonesia strategic plans.
Annual plan summaryEdit
Verification and signatureEdit
Please enter "yes" or "no" for the verification below.
- The term “political or legislative activities” includes any activities relating to political campaigns or candidates (including the contribution of funds and the publication of position statements relating to political campaigns or candidates); voter registration activities; meetings with or submissions and petitions to government executives, ministers, officers or agencies on political or policy issues; and any other activities seeking government intervention or policy implementation (like “lobbying”), whether directed toward the government or the community or public at large. General operating support through the FDC may not be used to cover political and legislative activities, although you may make a separate grant agreement with the WMF for these purposes.
I verify that no funds from the Wikimedia Foundation will be used
for political or legislative activities except as permitted by a grant agreement
Please sign below to complete this proposal form.
- IMPORTANT. Please do not make any changes to this proposal form after the proposal submission deadline for this round. If a change that is essential to an understanding of your organization's proposal is needed, please request the change on the discussion page of this form so it may be reviewed by FDC staff. Once submitted, complete and valid proposal forms submitted on time by eligible organizations will be considered unless an organization withdraws its application in writing or fails to remain eligible for the duration of the FDC process.