Grants:APG/Proposals/2018-2019 round 1/Wikimedia Czech Republic/Impact report form
Purpose of the reportEdit
This form is for organizations receiving Annual Plan Grants to report on their results to date. For progress reports, the time period for this report will the first 6 months of each grant (e.g. 1 January - 30 June of the current year). For impact reports, the time period for this report will be the full 12 months of this grant, including the period already reported on in the progress report (e.g. 1 January - 31 December of the current year). This form includes four sections, addressing global metrics, program stories, financial information, and compliance. Please contact APG/FDC staff if you have questions about this form, or concerns submitting it by the deadline. After submitting the form, organizations will also meet with APG staff to discuss their progress.
Global metrics overview - all programsEdit
We are trying to understand the overall outcomes of the work being funded across our grantees' programs. Please use the table below to let us know how your programs contributed to the Global Metrics. We understand not all Global Metrics will be relevant for all programs, so feel free to put "0" where necessary. For each program include the following table and
- Next to each required metric, list the outcome achieved for all of your programs included in your proposal.
- Where necessary, explain the context behind your outcome.
- In addition to the Global Metrics as measures of success for your programs, there is another table format in which you may report on any OTHER relevant measures of your programs success
For more information and a sample, see Global Metrics.
|METRIC AND RESULTS OVERVIEW||A. EDUcation Programs||B. Multimedia Programs||C. Wikidata & TECH Program||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|1. number of total participants||1071||384||282||1737||EDU: in comparison to overall benchmark of 375 for the entire year, we are at the moment way above the set amount, which manage to overcome almost 3 times.
Multimedia: Mediagrant+We Photograph Czechia: We have 11 active photographers in MG activity and in WPC activity together. Finally we achieved 10 active users of WPC, but not the new ones (0). We didn't set the goal for Mediagrant. We have decided not to develop this activity further. GLAM and Community: Five editathons in which participated 84 persons. Aim (30) fulfilled.
Wikidata/Tech: Most of these were Wikimedia Hackathon participants, other events were less participant-heavy.
|2. number of newly registered users||380||66||3||449||EDU: By the end of the year, we managed to overcome the benchmark by 100 extra new editors
Multimedia: Mediagrant+We Photograph Czechia: Mediagrant hasn't been attracting almost any new people last years. Moreover, the original members are leaving the movement (29 of them were active last year). It was one of the reasons for creating WCP activity, which should be more welcoming for photographers. We did not achieved the planned amount of 10 new users for this year - there was almost no propagation outside of our community. GLAM: to turn focus of our editathons on beginners became a profitable strategy, 84 people in general and 27 newcomers is highly sufficient number. The aim was 40 participants in general and 30 newcomers from it. Moreover we have 39 new registered users thanks to two contest.
Wikidata/Tech: We don't focus much on educating new editors at the moment, which can be seen in the low number of newly registered. Most new Wikidata enthusiasts had already edited Wikimedia projects before.
|3. number of content pages created or improved, across all Wikimedia projects||2761||29308||189198||221267||EDU: The overall nr. consists of content pages from Wikipedias, Wikidata and Images from Wikipedia Commons in total. The overall nr. for the year was set on the level of 2610, which we managed to reach and even we went little bit over by the end of the year.
Multimedia: Mediagrant+We Photograph Czechia: Nr. consists of new or edited WP, WD and WC pages. We achieved the goal of 10,000 content pages in WPC (in fact: 11 088). GLAM and Community: Nr. consists of new WC, WD and new or edited WP pages. Special thanks to the Prague City Hall's donation, which considerably have exceeded the aim set at 5,000.
Wikidata/Tech: Certainly, robotic tools enable to reach great numbers of content pages edited. Most were either "authority items" of the National Library, Bibliography of Czech History database or small heritage items.
|4. Number of active GLAM cooperations||37||23||17||77||EDU: Universities (6), (high)schools (3), Libraries (9), NGOs (4), Foundations (3), professional networks/guilds (6), Others (6)
Multimedia: GLAM: U.S. Embassy, American center, Embassy od Sweden, Embassy of Canada, Czech Women Lobby, Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Goethe-Institut in Prague, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague City Hall, Museum in Prachatice, Prachatice Town, Římskokatolická farnost v Prachaticích, Sisters of Mercy of St. Borromeo, Prague Zoo, Institute for the Study of Totalitarian Regimes (ÚSTR), Thomas Mann Gymnazium, Litomyšl Town, Broumov Library, Maiwald Academy, Klášter Broumov - Educational and culture center, Gymnázium Broumov, Broumovsko Museum, Czech Academy of Sciences, Advocacy: IuRe, EduIn
Wikidata/Tech: National Technical Library, National Library, Faculty of Math and Physics, DrobnePamatky database, Krizky a Vetrelci database, University of Palacky in Olomouc, Wikiskripta, TDKIV database, Pamet naroda database, Library database of the National Library, National Heritage Institute, Prazdnedomy database, Bibliography of Czech Lands database, Czechitas
|5. Number of events||50||11||4||65||EDU: Training cycle SePW (6 lectures), Training cycle Librarians (3 courses/lectures), Tech (with) Wiki, Seniors citizens Wikitown editathon,Wikiclubs, festivals, lecturers meet up (2x a year), Seniors alumni club meeting/X-mass meet up
Multimedia: GLAM and Community: Edit-a-thon WikiGap, Edit-a-thon Shared Cities, WikiTown Litomyšl, Týden knihoven, Edit-a-thon Prachatice 2, Edit-a-thon: Bauhaus, contest Hvězda svobody, contest Czech Wiki Photo 2019, contest Popiš památku, wikiexpedition, photoworkshop
Wikidata/Tech: Wikimedia Hackathon, Wikidata workshop, Wikiskripta lecture
|OTHER PROGRAM METRICː||A. EDUcation Programs||B. Multimedia Programs||C. Wikidata & TECH Program|
|6. Bytes added (edu)||3552529||EDU: bytes added from all educational events except wikiclubs, since Wiki Education Dashboard is not use to measure wikiclubs.|
|7. Mediagrant+WPC: Number of files used on Wikimedia projects (Distinct files used)||6282||It means the distinct files on Wikimedia Commons used in at least one Wikimedia projects.|
|8. WPC: Number of newly illustrated Wikidata items||4155|
|9. Number of gained and on Commons uploaded files within the GLAM cooperation||16239|
|10. Number of GLAM files used on Wikipedia (Total files used)||1314||Total number of usage of files gained within GLAM cooperations in all the Wikimedia projects.|
|11. Number of GLAM institutions, that response to our contact||8||Our plan is to regularly address the Czech institutions. This number represents nr. of institutions which responded (regardless of their interest).|
Telling your program stories - all programsEdit
Please tell the story of each of your programs included in your proposal. This is your chance to tell your story by using any additional metrics (beyond global metrics) that are relevant to your context, beyond the global metrics above. You should be reporting against the targets you set at the beginning of the year throughout the year. We have provided a template here below for you to report against your targets, but you are welcome to include this information in another way. Also, if you decided not to do a program that was included in your proposal or added a program not in the proposal, please explain this change. More resources for storytelling are at the end of this form. Here are some ways to tell your story.
- We encourage you to share your successes and failures and what you are learning. Please also share why are these successes, failures, or learnings are important in your context. Reference learning patterns or other documentation.
- Make clear connections between your offline activities and online results, as applicable. For example, explain how your education program activities is leading to quality content on Wikipedia.
- We encourage you to tell your story in different ways by using videos, sound files, images (photos and infographics, e.g.), compelling quotes, and by linking directly to work you produce. You may highlight outcomes, learning, or metrics this way.
- We encourage you to continue using dashboards, progress bars, and scorecards that you have used to illustrate your progress in the past, and to report consistently over time.
- You are welcome to use the table below to report on any metrics or measures relevant to your program. These may or may not include the global metrics you put in the overview section above. You can also share your progress in another way if you do not find a table like this useful.
A. EDUcation ProgramsEdit
B. Multimedia ProgramsEdit
C. Wikidata & TECH programEdit
Revenues received during this period (6 month for progress report, 12 months for impact report)Edit
Please use the exchange rate in your APG proposal.
Table 2 Please report all spending in the currency of your grant unless US$ is requested.
- Please also include any in-kind contributions or resources that you have received in this revenues table. This might include donated office space, services, prizes, food, etc. If you are to provide a monetary equivalent (e.g. $500 for food from Organization X for service Y), please include it in this table. Otherwise, please highlight the contribution, as well as the name of the partner, in the notes section.
Revenue source Currency Anticipated Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Cumulative Anticipated ($US)* Cumulative ($US)* Explanation of variances from plan WMF APG 2019 CZK 2,788,330.00 506,929.63 608,940.51 530,701.55 1,140,699.66 2,787,271.35 122,770.17 122,723.56 MONETA Foundation 2019 CZK 50,000.00 23,412.00 600.00 675.00 25,312.40 49,999.40 2,201.50 2,201.47 Veolia Foundation 2018/19 CZK 50,000.00 25,447.10 24,552.90 - - 50,000.00 2,201.50 2,201.50 Veolia Foundation 2019/20 CZK 50,000.00 - - 1,800.00 16,642.00 18,442.00 2,201.50 812.00 WMF Wikimedia Hackathon 2019 CZK 1,557,396.25 0.00 1,511,589.08 1,681.04 - 1,513,270.12 68,572.16 66,629.28 expences from 2018 was reimbursed in 2019 - expences sum in Q2; sum in Q3 is exchange loss Embassy of USA CZK 111,090.00 - - - 0.00 1,513,270.12 5,000.00 0,00 sum in CZK due to actuall exchange rate TOTAL CZK 4,606,816.25 555,788.73 2,145,682.49 534,857.59 1,182,654.06 4,418,982.87 197,946.83 194,567.82
* Provide estimates in US Dollars
|Revenue source||Currency||Anticipated||Q1||Q2||Q3||Q4||Cumulative||Anticipated ($US)*||Cumulative ($US)*||Explanation of variances from plan|
|Active 24 a.s.||CZK||7,500.00||1,875.00||1,875.00||1,875.00||1,875.00||7,500.00||330.23||330.23||Hosting domains and servers for free|
|Advocacy Law Firm Koutná & Fáberová||Pro Bono legal service|
|LMC||Job recruiting advertisement for free|
|Techsoup Czech Republic||Software with discount for NGO´s|
|National Library of Technology||Rent of a venue for Hackathon with discount|
|Advocacy Law bvp BRAUN PARTNERS||Pro Bono legal service|
* Provide estimates in US Dollars
All our donors and partners are transparently monitored on this page.
Spending during this period (6 month for progress report, 12 months for impact report)Edit
Please use the exchange rate in your APG proposal.
Table 3 Please report all spending in the currency of your grant unless US$ is requested.
- (The "budgeted" amount is the total planned for the year as submitted in your proposal form or your revised plan, and the "cumulative" column refers to the total spent to date this year. The "percentage spent to date" is the ratio of the cumulative amount spent over the budgeted amount.)
Expense Currency Budgeted Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Cumulative Budgeted ($US)* Cumulative ($US)* Percentage spent to date Explanation of variances from plan Media Acquisition/Multimedia Program CZK 205,000.00 1,026.39 15,396.75 18,416.53 84,398.50 119,238.17 9,026.15 5,250.06 58,16 EDUcational program CZK 69,800.00 10,364.00 4,494.16 1,248.00 43,613.27 59,719.43 3,073.29 2,629.45 85,56 Wikidata/TECH Content & Community CZK 15,000.00 0.00 1,903.02 0.00 858.00 2,761.02 660.45 121.57 18,41 Staff CZK 2,075,130.00 423,130.80 496,297.60 456,402.70 655,856.00 2,031,687.10 91,367.97 89,455.18 97,91 Operational costs CZK 423,400.00 72,408.44 90,848.98 57,634.32 352,973.89 573,865.63 18,642.30 25,267.30 135,54 TOTAL CZK 2,788,330.00 506,929.63 608,940.51 533,701.55 1,137,699.66 2,787,271.35 122,770.17 122,723.56 99,96
* Provide estimates in US Dollars
Is your organization compliant with the terms outlined in the grant agreement?Edit
As required in the grant agreement, please report any deviations from your grant proposal here. Note that, among other things, any changes must be consistent with our WMF mission, must be for charitable purposes as defined in the grant agreement, and must otherwise comply with the grant agreement.
Are you in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in the grant agreement? Please answer "Yes" or "No".
Are you in compliance with provisions of the United States Internal Revenue Code (“Code”), and with relevant tax laws and regulations restricting the use of the Grant funds as outlined in the grant agreement? Please answer "Yes" or "No".
- Once complete, please sign below with the usual four tildes.
Resources to plan for measurementEdit
- Global metrics are an important starting point for grantees when it comes to measuring programmatic impact (Learning Patterns and Tutorial) but don’t stop there.
- Logic Models provide a framework for mapping your pathway to impact through the cause and effect chain from inputs to outputs to outcomes. Develop a logic model to map out your theory of change and determine the metrics and measures for your programs.
- Importantly, both qualitative and quantitative measures are important so consider both as you determine measures for your evaluation and be sure to ask the right questions to be sure to capture your program stories.
Resources for storytellingEdit
- WMF storytelling series and toolkit (DRAFT)
- Online workshop on Storytelling. By Frameworks institute
- The origin of storytelling
- Story frames, with a focus on news-worthiness.
- Reading guide: Storytelling and Social change. By Working Narratives
- The uses of the story.
- Case studies.
- Blog: 3 Tips on telling stories that move people to action. By Paul VanDeCarr (Working Narratives), on Philanthropy.com
- Building bridges using narrative techniques. By Sparknow.net
- Differences between a report and a story
- Question guides and exercises.
- Guide: Tools for Knowledge and Learning. By Overseas Development Institute (UK).
- Developing a strategy
- Collaboration mechanisms
- Knowledge sharing and learning
- Capturing and storing knowledge.