Ghana Histo Cita-thon
Ghana’s Independence on 6th March, 1957, was made possible by events that should be tabled in the anals of history. The notable victory against the British Colonial Masters, blazed trail for what became the total liberation of Africa. Unfortunately, the documentation of events leading up to the Ghanaian Independence and even after that, is sparse. The little information available is either scattered across, or deteriorating.
Ghana Histo-Cita-Thon is a wikicite event aimed at educating and exposing members within the Wikimedia Movement to the perks of using books, journals and newspapers in creating and improving Wikipedia articles and Wikidata items.
The workshop will be followed by a month-long online contest focused specifically on personalities and events that significantly contributed to the Ghanaian Independence story.
The project breakdown is as follows:Edit
- Date: Friday 27th November 2020.
- Time : 9am to 2:00pm
- Venue: SSNIT GUEST HOUSE,NORTH RIDGE-ACCRA
- Sign up for the event here.
- Start: 1st December, 2020
- End: 31st January, 2021
Virtual Office HoursEdit
- Thursday 3rd December, 2020
- Thursday 10th December, 2020
- Thursday 17th December, 2020
How to participate in the online contestEdit
- Step 1: Sign up here.
- Step 2: Create your Wikipedia User Account. ( If you do not have one already).
- Watch how to create an account here.
- Step 3: Sign up with your Wikipedia User Account to the Campaign Dashboard .
- Step 4: Find an article of interest that needs to be improved. Or find topics that need their articles created. Click here to view the list of articles.
- Step 5: Share your experience on social media via the hashtag #GhanaHistoCitaThon
Participants will be awarded a Certificate of participation. However, only the top three (3) participants will receive awards. Prizes for the top three (3) participants are as follows:
- 1st Prize= $50 worth of gift vouchers
- 2nd Prize= $30
- 3rd Prize= $20.
- Special category=The top female contributor ($30).