The newsletter This Month in GLAM (TMIG) is a community-driven, monthly newsletter written by the Wikimedia movement about activities with cultural institutions broadly defined. GLAM is an acronym for galleries, libraries, archives, and museums, but the newsletter covers also collaborations with other types of organisations. The newsletter contains reports and stories of collaborations with external organisations from the past month, related to Wikipedia, Wikimedia and the sister projects of the Wikimedia Foundation.
After the end of the month, organisers, participants and enthusiasts have a week the time to write down their stories, and the newsletter is scheduled to be published at the 7th day of the new month.
The newsletter is intended to inform others in the Wikimedia movement about your activity, to share experiences and inspire others with your projects, to have some reporting towards the various stakeholders in the Wikimedia movement, and to call for support by others. Your story, how large or small, is worth telling. Others in the movement like to learn from your experiences and want to be inspired. And you can copy your story from your reporting and/or you can later use the newsletter reports in reporting an affiliate has to do towards the Wikimedia Foundation and the Wikimedia movement.
There are multiple options how you can receive and read the newsletter.
- You can have a monthly copy of This Month in GLAM delivered to your talk page on any Wikimedia wiki. To receive the newsletter you can add your user name to the subscription list.
- You can follow our blog where the headlines of every edition are published. This blog provides a convenient RSS feed for keeping up with the monthly editions of the newsletter. See: https://glamwiki.wordpress.com/
- This blog is also published as part of http://en.planet.wikimedia.org
- You can receive the headlines of every edition by e-mail if you are subscribed to one of the following mailing lists. These are WikimediaAnnounce-l (public), GLAM (public), and cultural-partners (internal).
- You can receive individual story headlines if you follow us on Twitter.
You and anyone else active in the Wikimedia movement. Anyone who organises an activity, participates in an activity, coordinates activities for a Wikimedia affiliate, people interested in activities, or someone from a cultural institution can write.
The easiest way to begin with writing is to start in our newsroom. The TMIG Newsroom is the central hub of activity for the development of stories among contributors. See: GLAM/Newsletter/Newsroom.
Anyone can contribute to articles by editing right in the article page.
- Home - the current edition of the newsletter
- Archives - to look up earlier editions by month, by subject or by area
- Newsroom - where you can start writing
- Subscribe/unsubscribe - to manage your talk page delivery of the newsletter
The first edition of This Month in GLAM was published in January 2011, although deliveries did not begin until the next month. The first "editor-in-chief" was Rock drum who in November 2012 handed over to Romaine.
- This Month in Education - the monthly Wikimedia newsletter about activities with educational institutions