This page is a descriptive article on the French Wikipedia, feel free to add any comment.
Started: 2001. március
Jelenlegi méret: 2 572 625 articles
Total edits: 209 666 807
Aktív szerkesztők: 18 260 in the past month
- Areas of strength:
- Szócikkek száma
- Quality of articles on particular topics (Ancient Greece)
- Areas of weakness:
- General quality of articles
- Strength of community
- Contributors origin: very few contributors from French-speaking countries outside France/Quebec/Switzerland/Belgium. (very few Africans except a few Tunisians)
- What other prominent encyclopedias exist in this language (print, electronic, online)?
- (francia) Encarta
- (francia) Encyclopædia Britannica
- (francia) Encyclopædia Universalis
- (francia) Encyclopédie Hachette Multimédia
- (francia) Encyclopédie contributive Larousse
- What has its impact been?
- What language features are challenging?
- Diacritics usage in text
- Punctuation usage in wikilinks
- French quotes for citations
- Applying rules to document titles (write Le Petit Prince, not Le petit prince for instance)
- What would surprise the outside reader about the community?
- What are some unique practices/characteristics?
- Reference numbers have no square brackets around them.
- Who were the earliest participants, who started it?
- Other prominent Wikipedians?