The newsletter This Month in Education (TMIE) is a community-driven, monthly newsletter written by the Wikimedia movement about activities with educational institutions. Each month, many students around the world write Wikipedia articles as assignment and various other education initiatives take place. The newsletter contains reports and stories of collaborations with schools and universities from the past month, related to Wikipedia, Wikimedia and the sister projects of the Wikimedia Foundation.
At the end of the month, organisers, participants and enthusiasts have a week the time to write down their stories, and the newsletter is scheduled to be published at the last day of the month.
The newsletter is intended to inform others in the Wikimedia movement about your activity, to share experiences and inspire others with your projects, to have some reporting towards the various stakeholders in the Wikimedia movement, and to call for support by others. Your story, how large or small, is worth telling. Others in the movement like to learn from your experiences and want to be inspired. And you can copy your story from your reporting and/or you can later use the newsletter reports in reporting an affiliate has to do towards the Wikimedia Foundation and the Wikimedia movement.
There are multiple options how you can receive and read the newsletter.
- You can have a monthly copy of This Month in Education delivered to your talk page on any Wikimedia wiki. To receive the newsletter you can add your user name to Global message delivery/Targets/This Month in Education.
- You can add Education/Newsletter or outreach:Education/News to your watchlist and enable notifications when the page is changed (= new edition is out).
- You can receive the announcement of every edition by e-mail if you are subscribed to the following mailing lists: Education (public).
- You can receive the announcement if you follow us on Twitter. See: https://twitter.com/WikiEduProgram
You and anyone else active in the Wikimedia movement. Anyone who organises an activity, participates in an activity, coordinates activities for a Wikimedia affiliate, people interested in activities, or someone from a educational institution can write.
The easiest way to begin with writing is to start in our newsroom. The TMIE Newsroom is the central hub of activity for the development of stories among contributors. See: Education/Newsletter/Newsroom.
The first edition of This Month in Education was published in August 2012.
- This Month in GLAM - the monthly Wikimedia newsletter about activities with especially cultural institutions