- For the new (as of 2018) team, see mw:Growth.
- This page documents the team that existed from 2012-2015.
The purpose of the Growth team at the Wikimedia Foundation is to find ways to attract and retain new Wikipedia editors. The project launched on April 16, 2012 as the "Editor Engagement Experiments" (e3) team, and is hiring several full-time engineering positions for this team. Also see the other editor engagement projects. In 2013, the group changed its name to "Growth" to more clearly reflect its goal.
The following pages hold the methodology, experimental design and results of each experiment.
- Research:Task recommendations
- Research:Anonymous editor acquisition
- Donor email campaigns
- Research:Onboarding new Wikipedians
- Research:GuidedTour usage
- Research:Wikipedia article creation
- Research:Newcomer survival models
- Microsurveys, e.g. Research:Gender micro-survey in support of VisualEditor
- Research:Account creation UX
- Research:Donor engagement
- Research:Community portal redesign
- Research:Post-registration editor survey
- Research:Post-edit feedback
- Template A/B testing
- Research:Timestamp position modification
- Research:Editor milestones
The current team includes: