Connected Open Heritage/Countries/Morocco
Government agencies and cultural heritage in MoroccoEdit
- Website Managed by the Ministry of Culture: http://www.patrimoineculturel.ma/
- 9 World heritage sites in Morocco
Legislated protection of cultural heritage in MoroccoEdit
List of laws relative to protection of cultural heritage in Morocco (in French, will be translated asap). 
Databases of cultural heritage in MoroccoEdit
- Monuments, sites and areas classified as "national heritage" (the list is classified by province, on each arrow it is the name of the site, what is between parentheses it is the justification of the administrative decision and its publication in the official newspaper)
- List of historical monuments and buildings inscribed (the first column is the name of the building, the second is the city and the third is the proof of the administrative decision and its publication in the official gazette).
- Also Geographical Information System of the Cultural Heritage of Morocco, which classifies all the heritage more precisely (by region, then province, then city) into four themes: Architecture and urbanism, archaeological site and entities, movable objects, and intangible heritage. But also its status: inventoried, inscribed, classified, declassified .. as well as its state of conservation.
Policy decisions on access to public information in MoroccoEdit
Article 27 of the 2011 Constitution part of Title II "Fundamental Rights and Freedoms" guarantees access to information:
The citizens [feminine] and citizens [masculine] have the right of access to information held by the public administration, the elected institutions and the organs [organismes] invested with missions of public service.
The right to information may only be limited by the law, with the objective [but] of assuring the protection of all which concerns national defense, the internal and external security of the State, and the private life of persons, of preventing infringement to the fundamental freedoms and rights enounced in this Constitution and of protecting the sources and the domains determined with specificity by the law.—
Regulation hindering the distribution of pictures in MoroccoEdit
The law in Morocco only allows commercial photography of a work permanently located in a public place if it is not the main subject of the image.
Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 10 above, it shall be permitted, without the author’s authorization or payment of a fee, to republish, broadcast or communicate to the public by cable an image of a work of architecture, a work of fine art, a photographic work, or a work of applied art which is permanently located in a place open to the public, unless the image of the work is the main subject of such a reproduction, broadcast or communication and if it is used for commercial purposes.—
Museum or archives that are willing to add their materialEdit
Organisations with images of built cultural heritage in Morocco:
- National news agency Maghreb Arabe Presse (MAP)
- Directorate of Cultural Heritage or Directorate of Cooperation, Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Tourism.
Network of contacts: MoroccoEdit
Wikimedia activity in MoroccoEdit
Wikimedia Morocco User Group was recognised by the WMF affiliations committee in 2015. Morocco took part in Wiki Loves Monuments in 2016.