Community health initiative/The Team
Community health initiative
Helping the Wikimedia volunteer community to reduce the level of harassment and disruptive behavior on our projects
The Community health initiative is a cross-department program run by the Wikimedia Foundation. People active in the work include:
- Thalia Chan, Software Developer. Thalia has previously worked for Mozilla and contributed libraries to the Julia programming language. As software developer, Thalia is responsible for writing and testing the Anti-Harassment Tools software.
- Alex Ezell, Engineering Manager. Alex has been building web apps since 1998 across several states and countries. As the team's Engineering Manager, he focuses on growing the team's skillsets and releasing quality software at a predictable pace.
- Claudia Lo, Research Designer. Claudia is a qualitative researcher focusing on online social interactions. As research designer, Claudia is responsible for generating research to help the team make informed design decisions, as well as measure the team's impact.
- Sydney Poore, Trust and Safety Specialist. Sydney is a long-time English Wikipedia contributor and administrator and previously served on the FDC and ArbCom. As Trust and Safety Specialist, Sydney is responsible for facilitating the crucial lines of communication between this team and the Wikimedia community.
- Prateek Saxena, User Experience Designer. Prateek enjoys doing both development and design, he secretly wants every website to run either MediaWiki or WordPress. As the team's designer, he is responsible for making sure that our products are well designed and help users achieve their goals.
- Morten Warncke-Wang, Data Analyst.
- Other key affiliated WMF staff include Danny Horn, Ryan Kaldari, Joe Sutherland, and Christel Steigenberger