Community Wishlist Survey 2022/Multimedia and Commons/Enable chunked uploads for files that replace existing files
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Enable chunked uploads for files that replace existing files
- Problem: The direct upload of a file that is intended to replace another file always times out for large files because the direct upload mecanism does not chunk the file. The Upload Wizard is not configured to allow the uploader to designate the file as a replacement for an existing file.
- Proposed solution: Allow chunking in direct upload or add replacement of existing file as an option in Upload Wizard.
- Who would benefit: All uploaders of large replacement images. Easier replacement of dirty or damaged images.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Downtowngal (talk) 15:09, 22 January 2022 (UTC)
- This could be paired with Community Wishlist Survey 2022/Multimedia and Commons/Bulk Overwrite Tool for one overwrite tool that achieves both suggested aims. CdnMCG (talk) 00:47, 28 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Should be paired with Community Wishlist Survey 2022/Multimedia and Commons/Bulk Overwrite Tool as an improved overwriting tool that offers both proposed functionalities. CdnMCG (talk) 05:23, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Thingofme (talk) 10:06, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Yes, this problem has affected almost every file re-upload I've ever attempted, and it would be good to see it squashed. Bobulous (talk) 20:48, 5 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support kocio ✉ 01:07, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Ayumu Ozaki (talk) 07:57, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support --Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 17:13, 6 February 2022 (UTC)