Community Wishlist Survey 2022/Editing/List of parameters in modules
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
List of parameters in modules
- Problem: Creating an documentation for modules is harder than with templates, because there is no way of getting a list of parameters the module uses. With templates, there are several options, including the templatedata editor and tools. The same does not apply to modules, using those same tools for modules gives no results. This also makes it hard to compare two templates which makes updating templates from another wiki hard.
- Proposed solution: Make a tool or mediawiki feature, either one works, that allows the user to specify an template and get a list of parameters the module uses back.
- Who would benefit: Template editors, and once the documentation is created, other editors aswell.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Snævar (talk) 17:23, 21 January 2022 (UTC)
- Comment Only 17% of modules on en.wikipedia, for example, have templatedata. VisualEditor and TemplateWizard users that use modules outside of those do not get a list of parameters, as the list does not exist and it is not auto-generated. This is an help template users to help other users type of task.--Snævar (talk) 15:59, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Lectrician1 (talk) 01:37, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support OwenBlacker (Talk) 22:13, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Thingofme (talk) 15:09, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support JAn Dudík (talk) 18:56, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support MONUMENTA (talk) 02:18, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Rotavdrag (talk) 11:12, 3 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support - Darwin Ahoy! 01:08, 5 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Yzelf (talk) 21:02, 5 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Ayumu Ozaki (talk) 06:02, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support — DaxServer (t · c) 12:06, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support --Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 18:25, 6 February 2022 (UTC)