Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Watchlists/Accessible List of Pages on Watchlist
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Accessible List of Pages on Watchlist
- Problem: I will often use the watchlist not merely to monitor changes to articles but to save articles I am reading that need to be edited that I can come back to later. For this reason I often find that I want to view the pages on my watchlist regardless of whether there have been recent edits or not. The only way to do this is to edit the list of watched pages, but that is obviously for the purpose of editing, not merely for viewing which pages I have listed. Essentially, the watchlist currently is much stronger at listing changes than listing what you are watching (unless I do not know how to use the page properly).
- Who would benefit: Anyone who would like to view their list of watched pages without having to pretend to edit their list of watched pages every time.
- Proposed solution: A possible solution to this problem would be to have a collapsible or uncollapsible list of your current watched pages that appears as soon as you click the watchlist (along with the normal changes display, of course), rather than having to click into the watchlist than editing the list to view the pages.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: DynaGuy00 (talk) 23:55, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
This might be resolved/mitigated if some version of "Personal notes on watchlisted items" were implemented. Philiptdotcom (talk) 14:07, 14 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Dr747 (talk) 18:28, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support A separate list of articles is important for monitoring pages of interest to us. WikiFer msg 15:53, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support May be much more relevant if Multiple watchlists is implemented to find which articles are on which list. Keith D (talk) 12:50, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Dodger67 (talk) 18:14, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support SeGiba (talk) 18:02, 15 December 2020 (UTC)