Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Mobile and apps/Improving Chinese on mobile
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: The Chinese version of the mobile version is rather confusing: the title is displayed in traditional Chinese, and the content is displayed in simplified characters and cannot be set.
- 中文: 移動版的中文比較混亂：標題由正體中文顯示，而內容由簡化字顯示，且無法設定。
- Who would benefit: All Chinese users
- 中文: 所有中文用戶。
- Proposed solution: The language menu distinguishes "Traditional Chinese" and "Simplified Chinese".
- 中文: 語言菜單分清「正體中文」與「簡化中文」。
- More comments: Add localization dropdown menu merged here. From that proposal (proposer User:1233): Unlike desktop, local glyph conversion wasn't done on mobile. This created problems where one type of glyph was shown concurrently with another set (e.g. in Chinese Wikipedia, Traditional characters and simplified ones are shown at the same time). Localization wasn't done because it was set to "not convert", unlike desktop, where a dropdown menu is present. The lack of this dropdown menu created the problem. Let language conversion modules be used on wikis that have such function added (e.g. in Chinese Wikipedia, a dropdown menu for variant conversion). Note: this will also affect other wikis that have the language/glyph conversion module enabled.
- Phabricator tickets: phab:T195265
- Proposer: Arch-Jason (talk) 11:47, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- Support PianistHere (talk) 01:48, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Nurtenge (talk) 04:13, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Ottawajin (talk) 05:11, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Xavi Dengra (MESSAGES) 12:45, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support NMaia (talk) 01:09, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Libcub (talk) 20:00, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support — Bilorv (talk) 04:16, 13 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Utopes (talk) 20:22, 15 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Lt2818 (talk) 15:11, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Supporting this just because it is something outside enwiki. Papuass (talk) 21:46, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Shenme (talk) 06:54, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support S8321414 (talk) 14:25, 21 December 2020 (UTC)