Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Wikisource/Activate templatestyles by Index page css field
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Activate templatestyles by Index page css field
- Problem: templatestyles extension is almost magic into wikisource environment, but there's the need to activate easily it into all pages of an Index.
- Who would benefit: all contributors
- Proposed solution: to allow optionally to fill Index page css field with a valid templatestyle page. A simple regex could be used to see if css field content contains a valid css or a valid page name.
- More comments: Presently it.wikisource and nap.wikisource are testing other tricks to load work-specific templatestyles into all pages of an Index, with very interesting results.
- Phabricator tickets: phab:T226275, phab:T215165
- Proposer: Alex brollo (talk) 07:24, 9 November 2019 (UTC)
- Reproducing original books is inherently layout and formatting heavy, presenting books to readers is inherently layout and formatting heavy. Inline formatting templates are carrying a lot of weight right now, with somewhat severe limitations and very little semantics. Getting a good system for playing with the power of CSS would help a lot. --Xover (talk) 11:08, 9 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 15:24, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Nice tools Marknamz8931 (talk) 15:39, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support 游魂 16:36, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 17:43, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Xover (talk) 12:35, 27 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Paperoastro (talk) 11:34, 1 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support (NB: some patches for this exist on nap.source) Ruthven (msg) 12:37, 2 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 17:52, 2 December 2019 (UTC)