Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Wikidata/Gather metadata of ISO/ASTM/EN... standards
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: We do not have items for many ISO/ASTM/EN... standards. This is usefull for projects because these standards list the official names and definition of some other items such as material properties.
- Who would benefit: Wikidata projects and the community as a whole.
- Proposed solution: Write a script that crawl ISO/ASTM/CEN sites for standards metadata.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Thibdx (talk) 17:27, 11 November 2018 (UTC)
- Comment @Thibdx: I already have a simple scrapy script that dumps ISO data into a CSV file. The time consuming part is not having a model for ISO standards, and not having an easy and efficient way to write data back into Wikidata (one edit per item with multiple statements, not Pywikibot's one edit per minor change). You can copy and have a look at the spider (especially the xpath rules) at . Dhx1 (talk) 12:46, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Libcub (talk) 11:41, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 11:46, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose; there is basically nothing for Community Tech to do here – users can already import this data themselves, and there aren't so many new standards that a bot is required to import new standards every five minutes. Jc86035 (talk) 15:47, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support There is 22400 ISO standards + 13000 specific ASTM standards + 8000 SAE specific aeronautic standards + .... I couldn't find the quantity of specific EN standards. AFNOR list 100 000 standards valid in Europe.The 22400 ISO standars have to be priority since these are valid worldwide. Thibdx (talk) 18:14, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 01:22, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Krokofant (talk) 05:49, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 15:09, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose Agree with User:Jc86035 that although this would be good to have, it's not the role of this discussion to request it. MartinPoulter (talk) 12:15, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Sebastian.Dietrich (talk) 18:46, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Olea (talk) 21:27, 29 November 2018 (UTC)