CIS-A2K/Events/Wikisource training Bengaluru/Report
During the Indic Wikisource Community Consultation at Kolkata, India on 24–25 November 2018,User:Shubha requested to conduct a Wikisource specific Workshop for Sankrit Wikisource Team at Bengalurum Samkrit Bharati. The the CIS-A2K Team conducted a workshop for Sanskrit Community at Bengaluru, Karnataka on 23 - 24 January 2019. Total 10 participants were present including 4 female in this event. Some feedback can be found here.
During the consultation some of the topics discussed/trained were:
- Copyright Status of a Book explained.
- Workflow of Wikisource (Upload, Index file, OCR, Proofread,Validate, Transclution)
- Indic Wikisource Stats Explain.
- Wikisource Tools such as IA-UPLOAD, Vicuna Uploader, URL2COMMONS, Fill index Gadget,Gadget-charinsert etc.
- Indic OCR Explain
- Different Transclusion methodology shown.
- Most used templates/best practice in Wikisource.
- User:Shubha applied Interface admin during this workshop.
- WikiData Explain
- How to clear the without scan page
- Before conducting a workshop we should know the participants knowledge skill about Wikisource.
Follow - upEdit
- CIS-A2K is following up with the Sansrit Wikimedians in Indic Wikisource Helpdesk, who are guiding the new Wikisource contributor to continue working on the Wikisource Edit-thon.
- CIS-A2K will conduct a follow-up workshop specific to Wikidata to further enhance their skills in coming month of June 2019.
Global metrics overviewEdit
|2. Newly Registered||0|
|3. Content Pages||300||This Page: created after one month of this workshop|
|4. Footprint tracker||1|
|5. Value Of bytes deleted|