CIS-A2K/Community support/Tools and apps/Indic typing tool
Indic typing tool is a Indic language typing tool which currently supports 11 languages. It is currently available on http://bitly.com/indictyping as an online typing tool. This currently works on iOS only. It is not compatible with Android (people to work on it are most welcome :) )
Typing using this tool Edit
- Go to http://bitly.com/indictyping
- Click on the icon and select the language from the menu.
- Choose the typing scheme. By default it will select the Transliteration/Phonetic typing scheme.
- Tap on to type. Now you will be able to type. After typing select the text, copy and paste where ever you want to use them.
You can use this tool for searching and editing on Indic langauge wikipedias, sending mails, for facebook, tweeting, etc. in Indic languages. Please give your feedback and comments here.
For iPhone users Edit
iPhone users can use this tool even when they are offline. Here is how you use this app.
- Go to http://bitly.com/indictyping on Safari.
- Click on icon and choose "Add to Home Screen Option". Choose "Add". Now it will be saved to your home screen.
- Go to the home screen and click on "Indic Typing". Now the app will open. See the procedure above for using the tool.
- Here is how it looks like while typing: