Amical Wikimedia/March 2012
- Thanks to the agreement reached between Amical Viquipèdia and the Barcelona Arts and Crafts School, seven students of the Arts and Crafts Llotja School donate their works to Wikimedia Commons. In order to arrange them has been created the site Commons:Llotja as well as some new categories like Category:Contributions from Llotja. Also the diffusion and extension of the project is being arranged after its beginning. The contact persons are Pallares and Dvdgmz (tutors of Amical), Alícia Gallego (tutor from the Llotja art school). Other collaborators: Daniel Garcia-Castellanos (scientific supervision), MarisaLR (art content), Davidpar (communication), Capsot (translation), Elisardojm (translation), Catgirl (linguistic correcton and revision).
- Viquifabricació project. The agreement with the Sociedad de Ingeniería de Fabricación has been renewed and a public selection process has been opened in order to engage a scholarship holder to assist the project.
- Viquiescoles (wikischools) project. The Generalitat of Catalonia has homologated the project Viquiescoles (wikischools) 2012 as a teaching activity belonging to the Secondary education. From now on, this project is put on the same level as the rest of the official teaching activities program of the Education Department of the Generalitat of Catalonia and the teachers attending it will be so recognized. For more information have a look here. Coordinators: Antoni Salvà, Barcelona, Pau Cabot and Imartin.
- March 7: Attendance to the presentation of the Pla de Museus (Museums plan) of the Generalitat of Catalonia. Responsible: Kippelboy
- March 7: Meeting with the National Art Museum of Catalonia. Topic: establishing a future collaboration project between the museum and Amical. Responsible: Kippelboy
- March 8: Closing ceremony of the exhibition Joan Miró: The Ladder of Escape, organized by the Fundació Joan Miró in Barcelona. It was attended by several wikipedians.
- March 9: Meeting with the staff members of the Mataró Museum. Goal: arranging a new collaboration with Wikipedia for a next exhibition. Responsible: Kippelboy
- March 9: Meeting with a consulting firm which is interested in using Viquipèdia for the cultural institutions of Barcelona. Responsible: Kippelboy.
- March 12: Coordination meeting in order to create a Wikipedia Lounge at MuseumNext. The event will take place on May 2012 in Barcelona. Coordination: Kippelboy
- March 13: Meeting with staff members of the Institut del Teatre (Higher Education Center of Performing Arts) and the Decorative Arts Museum. Goal: preparing the MAE Wikiproject. Organisator: Kippelboy
- March 14: Meeting with staff members of the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art. Goal: evaluating the possibilities of arranging a MACBA Wikiproject. Coordination: Kippelboy
- March 15: Meeting with staff members of the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona. Goal: coordination of the I+C+i day (Cultural Research and Development Day), which wil take place on the 25 April 2012. Coordination: Kippelboy
- March 22: Meeting with staff members of the Barcelona Provincial Council. Goal: defining their collaboration with Wiki Loves Monuments 2012. Coordinators: Kippelboy and Vriullop.
- March 22: Meeting with staff members of the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art. Topic: Free Licenses and evaluating the collaboration potential with Wikipedia.
- March 24: Ángeles Santos Wikimarathon at the Empordà Museum of Figueres (cultural institution aimed to the research, preservation and difusion of the local and regional cultural eritage of the city Figueres). With the attendance of 8 wikipedians (Kippelboy, eleleku, eleleku, Davidpar, Arnaugir, Mscetrencada, Lamontse, eboix and Cristina Jutge), with Anna Capella, director of the museum. This activity belongs to the international project Wikiwomen's History Month, aimed to improve the presence of the woman in Wikipedia, both in articles and as editors. Have a look at the Image Gallery and the user Kippelboy's opinion about the event.
- March 31: World premiere at the Mataró Museum of the first application ever which links a smart phone or tablet to wikipedia articles trough the image recognition with augmented reality. Have a look to the Image gallery and user Kippelboy's article about this new.
- From March 29 to April 1: Several ad-hoc meetings during the Chapter's meeting held in Berlin (despite Amical was not officially invited to the event). Meeting with Jon Eiseffelt (Humbold University of Berlin and Deutschland Wikimedia member) about teaching projects. Meeting with the Catalan Lectorship of Berlin. Meeting about Wiki Loves Monuments with Spain Wikimedia. Meeting about the Pyrenees-Mediterranean Euroregion with Spain and France Wikimedia. Meeting about the Elderly People Project with Switzerland.
- Wiki4HE progress. This month, it has been developed a Bot which calculates the student's editions belonging to each teaching project. It calculates the editions submitted by a student during the course and identify if they become a regular wikipedian. It has also been designed a worksheet in order to analyze each course in accordance with the teaching methodology. A study has been planned later in order to find out if there is some kind of relationship between the teaching methodology and the students' Wikipedia editions, and if it shows some kind of improvement to the students performance. Also for the future, several interviews with teachers have been planned. A group of teachers of the Autonom University of Barcelona and the Polytechnic University of Catalonia has already been created for this purpose. Coordination: Gomà.
- Publication of the IV Viquipedia readers and editors survey. The poll is aimed to identify the urers' social and demographical profile, as well as their interest and opinions. The results may help us to improve the delineation of the activities of our assossiation, know better the general editors' and readers' concerns, and outline the project diffusion as well as planify short- and longterm goals. Responsibles: MuRe and Micrib
- Presentation of the suggested workshop for Wikimania 2012 about the experience at the Fòrum del Procomú Digital (Digital Pro-common Forum) and Building Digital Commons, titled Wikipedia & Research: A love–hate relationship. Responsible: Lilaroja
- March 5: The Víctor Balaguer Museum & Library publishes in its blog an article about the GLAM-WIKI meeting. It explains that Wikipedia is «the perfect instrument for promoting the local museums», generally with few human and economic ressources, because it is a free platform able to advertise them and to put their collections on the world's culture map.
- The ESCACC Foundation publishes an article about Viquitexts and its achieved goal of reaching the first 10.000 reviewed pages. Responsible: Davidpar
- Different local newspapers inform about the Ángeles Santos Torroella Wikimarathon, at the Empordà Museum. For example: El Punt Avui, Tramuntana TV and GironaInfo.cat. Coordination: Davidpar
- The Wikipedia Signpost publishes a new about the Viquiescoles (wikischools) project. Responsible: Davidpar
- A lot of newspapers publish the new about the application which links a smart phone or tablet to wikipedia articles trough the image recognition with augmented reality. For example: ACN, La Vanguardia, diari Ara or 324.cat.
- March 14: Introduction of Amical Viquipèdia and the GLAM-WIKI project to the GRACMON Group (Art History and Contemporary Design Research Group) at the University of Barcelona. Organizer: Kippelboy.
- March 22: Softcatalà makes the official announcement of the Catalanitzador tool, aimed to help users who want to get their computer's software and programs in Catalan. The public presentation was held at the Col·legi de Periodistes de Catalunya (Journalists Association of Catalonia) together with the attendance of several Amical Viquipèdia members, which provides its support. More information here.