Amical Wikimedia/January 2012
January 2012 (català)
- Wikipedia editing workshop at the Biblioteca Museu Víctor Balaguer (Víctor Balaguer Museum & Library, historical library founded in 1884 which contains a collection of books and artwork). January 13, 2012. For more information have a look at the memo (catalan) and the image gallery. Person in charge: Kippelboy.
- Conference about "The Wikipedia Project". Aimed to the Astronomical Association of Osona (Agrupació Astronòmica d'Osona). January 17, 2012. For more info. have a look at memo. Person in charge: Pallares.
Relationship with entitiesEdit
- January 2. Meeting with the Marketing boss of the cultural complex building City of Culture of Galicia. Main focus: negotiation about a possible GLAM-WIKI event in Galicia. Contact person: Kippelboy.
- January 17. Meeting with the Pyrenees-Mediterranean Euroregion. Main focus: negotiation with a potential cooperation project with them about the euro-campus or any other cultural project concerning the euro-region. Person in charge: Gomà.
- January 19. Meeting with the Generalitat of Catalonia (Autonomous government of Catalonia). Main focus: negotiation about a possible collaboration between Dades Obertes (Open Data) and Amical Viquipèdia. Persons in charge: Kippelboy and Gomà.
- January 20. Coordination a common project with Associació d'Artistes Visuals de Catalunya (AAVC) (Visual Artists Association of Catalonia) and the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA) in order to create biographies contents of catalan artists. Person in charge: Kippelboy.
- January 23. Meeting with Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA). Main aim: negotiating the use of the data of their web page. Contact person: Kippelboy.
- January 31. Meeting with the Public Library of Palafrugell, the public record office of Palafrugell and the Josep Pla Foundation. Main aim: establishment of a potential collaboration between all them and GLAM-WIKI. Persons in charge: Davidpar and Kippelboy.
- Amical Viquipèdia creates the Flickr group "Per la Viquipèdia" (for Viquipèdia), aimed to photographers who want to share their works with a free license. Persons in charge: Kippelboy and KRLS .
- Twitter exceeds the 700 followers and Facebook achieve the 400 users with "It Like it". Contact person: Kippelboy, Lluis_tgn, Davidpar and KRLS.
- The tree main issues the mass media and blogs have mainly written about are the Wikimedia Foundation fundrising campaign, the protests against the SOPA and the collaboration with the Plataforma per la Llengua (Platform for the Language): ARA newspaper (about the fundraising campaign) [image], Paella de Bits.cat (about the Amical Viquipèdia opposition to the SOPA), Karma Peiró blog (about the Amical Viquipèdia opposition to the SOPA), ARA newspaper (about the Amical Viquipèdia opposition to the SOPA) [imatge], gencat blog (about Wiki Loves Monuments), Matí a 4 Bandes - minut 29:00 (interview with the Amical member Dvdgmz), Racó Català (about the collaboration with Plataforma per la Llengua) and directe!cat (about the collaboration with Plataforma per la Llengua).
- Amical Viquipèdia and the Catalan Wikipedia give support to the English Wikipedia protest against the Stop Online Piracy Act law project in the USA. Have a look the community manifest of the Catalan Wikipedia.
- Authorized Wikipedia members had access to the IV Gaudí ceremony (in which the Catalan film industry presents its awards). In total, 25 pictures with free license were taken. The cineasts and the film awards ceremony pictures have been already uploaded in Commons. Have a look to the pictures here. Persons in charge: Pallares and Aleeix.
- The Open University of Catalonia, together with Eduard Airbar and Mayo Fuster, prepare the monograph Recerca acadèmica sobre la Viquipèdia (Academic research about Wikipedia). Persons in charge: Simonjoan and Lilaroja.
- Publication of the agreement with Plataforma per la Llengua, in order to recruit new Wikipedia editors. Person in charge: Gomà.
- The article about the photographer Xavier Miserachs becomes Featured Article after the Wiki-Marathon hold at the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art in collaboration with the director, librarians and wikipedians. Person in charge: Kippelboy.
- Begins the preparation of Wiki Loves Monuments 2012. Have a look to the project. Vriullop
- Amical Viquipèdia participation to the Wiki-Skills workshop hold on January 23 and organized by the FutureLearning Group and the Education Faculty of the University of Barcelona. Persons in charge: Dvdgmz, Kippelboy