Alva's Wikipedia Student's Association
Alva’s Wikipedia Student’s Association was inaugurated on 13th July 2017, which is the “First Wikipedia Association of Students in India”. It supports students in learning and developing skills towards the work of Wikipedia. It is working in three Indian languages, such as Kannada, Tulu and Konkani Wikipedia. The students got trained in Wikisource, Wikimedia commons and they are working on it. The students participated in edit-a-thons, photo walk, workshops, training, Wikisiri and internship activities throughout the year. The students of the association are developed as trainers and resource persons as achievements during the year.
Alvas Education Foundation runs many educational institutions. Alvas Degree College is one of them. Alva's Wikipedia Student Association (WSA) started during the academic year 2017-18. WSA at Alvas College was started by the guidance and as per the framework designed by Karavali Wikimedians User Group. Inauguration of the association was done on July 13, 2017.,. The association is functioning under the leadership of Prof.Ashoka K.G.
The main objectives of the the Alva's Wikipedia Students association can be seen below:
- Writing Skills (ability to write in an objective fashion).
- Digital information literacy skills.
- Ability to critically engage with a concept/theme.
- Language proficiency skills.
- Providing scope for student's overall progress.
- Developing the habit of research among students.
- Improving the language skills and richness in writings in Indian languages.
- Instagram page: AlvasWiki