- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- The current approval process for user groups is often slower than was originally the intention for Wikimedia user groups;
- A user group may later be recognized as a chapter or a thematic organization if it meets the additional requirements.
- Therefore be it
- resolved that the Affiliations Committee is formally changing the Wikimedia user groups approval process;
- The initial Wikimedia user group application will be filled out on the Meta Wiki;
- Affiliations Committee will assign two liaisons to the Wikimedia user group applicant;
- Liaisons will be primary contacts for applicants and ultimately approve for one year or reject the application on behalf of the Affiliations Committee;
- Liaisons may ask for a full committee review and approval or rejection of the Wikimedia user group application at their discretion;
- Per the Wikimedia user group agreement, liaison approved Wikimedia user groups will have access to Wikimedia trademarks and a logo as outlined in the Wikimedia movement affiliates logos best practices guide;
- Review of renewal application after first year by entire Committee;
- Renewal can be for any specified time beyond just one-year;
- The Affiliations Committee can, by a majority vote, repeal the Wikimedia user group's status with 30 days notice at any time if the Committee feels it is absolutely necessary to do so.
承認された決議 投票結果 賛成 7 票、 反対 0 票、 棄権 0 票、 不投票 1 票、 日付 7 August 2014