Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia Uruguay – June 2013/oc
Affiliations Committee advice
- A group of volunteers has requested to be recognised as a Wikimedia Chapter under the name Wikimedia Uruguay;
- The proposed bylaws have been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee,
- The group of participants in the candidate chapter seems viable;
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia Chapter status.
- Doncas siá
- resolved that the Affiliations Committee hereby advises that the Board of Trustees recognise Wikimedia Uruguay upon founding, and grant it interim permission to use the Wikimedia trademarks pending the signing of a Chapters Agreement.
Proposed Board of Trustees resolution
In accordance with the recommendation of the Affiliations Committee, confirming that the structure and bylaws of Wikimedia Uruguay comply with the current requirements and guidelines for future Wikimedia chapters, it is hereby resolved that:
The Board of Trustees provisionally recognises Wikimedia Uruguay as a Wikimedia chapter and grants it permission to use the Wikimedia trademarks, pending signature of a Chapters Agreement.
This provisional recognition and permission will expire in one year unless a Chapters Agreement is signed, at which point recognition and trademark use will be governed by the terms of the Agreement for as long as it is in force. The provisional period may be extended at the discretion of the Foundation's Executive Director.
Resolution passed with 8 votes in favor, 0 votes against, 0 abstentions, 1 votes not cast, on 4 June 2013. Advice forwarded to the Board of Trustees on 4 June 2013.