Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia Ghana User Group - Liaison approval, September 2014/da
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Two members of the Affiliations Committee assigned as liaisons to a Wikimedia User Group application may initially approve the application for up to one year;
- The application of Wikimedia Ghana User Group has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee and was discussed on their meta page and its talk page;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is to "represent the Wikimedia Foundation to the Ghanaian Wikimedia contributing community, promote Wikimedia projects and free content in general and to encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education, recruit technically and non-technically minded people to participate to Wikimedia projects, [and] organisation of conventions, conferences, meetings, workshops, contests, etc."; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee liaisons assigned to this application that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
Therefore be it
- resolved that Wikimedia Ghana User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable, period that becomes effective when the Wikimedia User Group agreement is signed.
Resolution passed med 2 stemmer for, 0 stemmer imod, 0 abstentions, 0 stemmer ikke givet, den 12 September 2014.