Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition West Bengal Wikimedians User Group
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- West Bengal Wikimedians User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is to build a strong and diverse volunteer community base throughout West Bengal by increasing interaction among community members, encouraging them to develop content in different Wikimedia projects and organizing various online and off-line activities like edit-a-thons, workshops, meet-ups, photo-walks, organizing GLAM and competitions etc.; and
- Application Review
- With regard to West Bengal Wikimedians User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Based on this review I would like to approve West Bengal Wikimedians User Group’s application and grant them user group status for one year. If there are no concerns or objections, I will move forward with this action Tuesday, February 7, 2017, after a 72 hour window for AffCom members to raise potential concerns or objections.
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that West Bengal Wikimedians User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on February 16, 2017.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: