Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition Open Foundation West Africa
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Open Foundation West Africa has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is to support, promote, and educate the general public about the availability and use of free and open educational content, which includes the ability to access, develop and contribute to Wikimedia projects.; and
- Application Review
- With regard to Open Foundation West Africa's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Based on this review I would like to approve Open Foundation West Africa’s application and grant them user group status for one year. If there are no concerns or objections, I will move forward with this action September 20, 2017, after a 72 hour window for AffCom members to raise potential concerns or objections.
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Open Foundation West Africa is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on September 20, 2017.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on DATE OF COMMITTEE APPROVAL OR RESIGNING UNDER DIFFERENT NAME on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: