Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Persian Wiki User Group - June 2014/da
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- The application of Persian Wiki User Group has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee and was discussed on their Meta page and its talk page;
- The scope of the group can be found on their Meta page, which is: "Developing free content spirit in Persian language communities like Iran, Afghanistan or Tajikistan; Supporting technically and non-technically Persian language free content-related software whether they are related to WMF or not; Centralizing works and efforts on WMF projects which are related to Persian languages; Connecting volunteer Wikimedians who are working on Persian WMF projects (e.g. Persian Wikipedia) to people who are working in WMF", all related to free content in Persian language communities;
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status;
- A user group may later be recognized as a chapter or a thematic organization if it meets the additional requirements.
- Therefore be it
- resolved that Persian Wiki User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year for renewable period that becomes effective when the Wikimedia User Group agreement is signed.