Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/De-recognition Wiki Education Brazil
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedia User Groups are required to comply with the terms of the Wikimedia User Group Agreement and Code of Conduct;
- The Wikimedia User Group Agreement and Code of Conduct prohibit Wikimedia User Groups from engaging in activity that poses significant risk to other Wikimedia organizations or Wikimedia projects;
- Wiki Education Brazil has engaged in a severe and protracted conflict with Wikimedia Community User Group Brasil;
- The conflict has resulted in significant harm to past, ongoing, and planned Wikimedia movement activities in Brazil; and
- All reasonable attempts to resolve the conflict have failed.
Therefore be it resolved that:
- The recognition of Wiki Education Brazil as a Wikimedia User Group is revoked;
- The Wikimedia Foundation Legal Department is requested to terminate Wiki Education Brazil's User Group Agreement as soon as practicable; and
- The primary contacts of Wiki Education Brazil are prohibited from serving as primary contacts for any Wikimedia User Group application or existing Wikimedia User Group for a period of one year.
Resolution passed with 11 votes in favor, 0 votes against, 0 abstentions, 2 votes not cast, on 26 March 2018.