Community Wishlist Survey 2017/Archive/Replace or supplement mobile pencil icon with "edit" in square brackets and A/B test editing uptake
- Problem: The pencil icon is not necessarily a call to action, and may be partially responsible for less editing on the mobile web interface.
- Who would benefit: Mobile users interested in editing.
- Proposed solution: Replace or supplement the mobile presentation's pencil icon with "".
- More comments: This is not intended to be a subjective design decision proposal, but rather an objective measurement of which choice results in more editing.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: James Salsman 09:02, 21 November 2017 (UTC)
Hi James Salsman: This isn't a technical proposal, it's a design decision by another team. I'm going to archive this proposal; thanks for participating in the survey. -- DannyH (WMF) (talk) 18:36, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
- @DannyH (WMF): would you please restore it to the mobile team proposals? It's not intended to be a proposal for human design judgement, but a UI change based on objective A/B testing of which output causes greater numbers of edits. James Salsman (talk) 08:59, 21 November 2017 (UTC)
- James Salsman: Coming up with alternative icons and testing them is a project for a design researcher. It's just not something that the Community Tech team is able to do. Sorry to give you a disappointing answer. -- DannyH (WMF) (talk) 19:56, 21 November 2017 (UTC)